Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vulcan Bowling Pins

Are they still a going concern?
    If you think my girlfriend can fight, you should see her box!

Brunswick bought Vulcan and started making Vulcan and Brunswick pins in the Vulcan plant. Then they closed that and started having AMF make their pins. That was several years ago. Maybe someone else has more recent news.

Comment

Not sure they are still around. I think the post above nailed it.
      Anyways my personal choice is to avoid all non-surlyn wood pins.
      Nylon coated pins don’t seem to last and look like crap 3 weeks in, even if you clean them. Surlyn coated pins or bust for me.
      * this space left blank intentionally *

Comment

you are correct sir. I think Surly pins are only offered by QAMF. Note there is no differecne In pins made by QAMF. Just labeled different. IE QAMF or Brunswick.

Comment

The ONLY way to go !!! LOL Circa 1940's or 50's I think ?? Sold 2 of them on Ebay for around $60

Pin..jpg
          ALL Files Scanned with MALWAREBYTES PREMIUM Version 3.4.5.2467 and AVAST INTERNET SECURITY Version 18.3.2333
          Everything has to be Somewhere !!

Comment

Originally posted by 8230chief View Post
            you are correct sir. I think Surly pins are only offered by QAMF. Note there is no differecne In pins made by QAMF. Just labeled different. IE QAMF or Brunswick.
            Correct, though Brunswick came out with their first Surlyn covered pin the Max in the early 1990’s before Q/Amf started making pins for them. It does seem odd though that Q/AMF makes pins for the competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Toomany10pins View Post

Correct, though Brunswick came out with their first Surlyn covered pin the Max in the early 1990’s before Q/Amf started making pins for them. It does seem odd though that Q/AMF makes pins for the competition.
              The Flyer was actually Brunswick's first surlyn coated pin. It came out in the mid-1980's.
              It is wiser to find out than suppose.--Mark Twain

Comment

The Flyer pins were Nylon coated, Max were the first Brunswick Surlyn coated pins.

Comment

Originally posted by jon m View Post
                  The Flyer pins were Nylon coated, Max were the first Brunswick Surlyn coated pins.
                  This is correct. I’m staring at a nylon coated Brunswick Flyer from 1990 as I type.

Comment

Our last set of AMFs was a disaster. Reason I'm looking for an alternative.
                    If you think my girlfriend can fight, you should see her box!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Sparrow View Post
                      https://www.bowling.com/products/ebo...trike-pins.htm
                      Want to try Ebonite pins? I've seen some but they were used when the center got them so I can't tell you how well they last.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Sparrow View Post
                        You could try twisters, though some dont, like how much they fly around, sound, or red rings fall off the necks.... and sometimes you have to make pinsetter/pinspotter adjustments to make them run well.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

The New Brunswick NXT

Best Pinsetter on the market today

Distributor Repair Kit

Has anyone installed a dist. repair kit ? Wanted to know if its a fix to the problem or just a brunswick brand Band-Aid....

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Wiring Problems

Had to do a service call at a friend's center as he was out of town. Seems Accelerator on 5 & 6 had quit. Breaker, (which fed 3 pairs), had not tripped, ohm check on motor...

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Pinsetter Procedures

Over the years I've compiled info in a 3-ring binder for quick reference. I decided to add a bunch to it and make one for a few of my friends including the rear-wall house. ...

Transformer Installation Instructions

Does anyone have the installation instructions for P/N: 12-862164-000 ?
                        Working...
                        X