Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock n Bowl

just a caustion to all centers. We currently just installed new lanes in our center and the installer informed us that we cant use the "Rock n Bowl" slogan, cuz someone somewhere (i cant remember where) has the "patten" on the name, and is suing people left and right. I beleive the TNN Rock n Bowl even got nailed. So that is just what we heard. Check it out.

Re: Rock n Bowl

It's true. Rock 'N Bowl is a federally registered service mark owned by Mid City Lanes in New Orleans, Louisiana. As the owner of the service mark Mid City Lanes can sue anyone using the term.

Anyone who wishes to inquire more about it they can contact Mid City Lanes' attorney, Rick Stanley at 504-523-1580.

[Just a note: I have no relationship with Mid City Lanes and, in fact think that they have taken a TACKY position.]

------------------
    Steve Mermelstein
    Milton Bowling Center / BowlingFans.com / The Bowling Search Engine
    Steve Mermelstein
    BowlingFans.com

Comment

OK, since we can't use "Rock n Bowl", Does anyone have any suggestions on a new name?
      The only one that I can come up with is "Blacklight Block Party" & I don't really like it that much.
      Dutch

Comment

We are currently put in new AMF lanes, so now we use there "xtreme bowl" slogan. Just a suggestion

Comment

Hey Dutch:

I currently use the name "Phazerbowl" (as in the star trek weapon, although they spelled it with an s, not a z) Makes for a good lead-in on the web page promoting it (check out my page if you like it). If you like it, go for it, since you're on the other side of the country.

Kevin
          Find it http://www.bowltech.com/content/btub...141#Post266141

Comment

Cyberbowling, Cosmic Bowling

Comment

Cosmic Bowling? Taken.

Comment

What about just changing the words a little, say like "Rock and Bowl" instead of rock n bowl. The trouble with this country today is people are greedy. What does it hurt if a center 1000 miles, or even for that matter 50 miles away uses the same name. Why don't these centers work together and promote the sport of bowling and help each other. Guess I'm just a small fry and I think everyone would win if we all worked together. There I vented...lol have a nice day.
                I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I was ever was. http://www.bowltech.com/forums/impor...2012/smile.gif

Comment

>What about just changing the words a
                  >little, say like "Rock and Bowl"
                  >instead of rock n bowl.

Too similar.

Comment

if they have rock n bowl cornered then why not bowl and rock or do they consider that to close also
                    we do not have any of the cosmic or glow
                    and no plans for installing it in the near future i'll give you an idea if when and if we ever do install it you let me use it----
                    fred flintstone bowling or just flintstone night that covers the rock part maybe good maybe not but a different idea
                    centers not working together is one of my biggest pet peeves
                    WE ARE NOW REALLY TWIN OAKS LANES.

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by JEFF KUHNLE:

fred flintstone bowling or just flintstone night that covers the rock part maybe good maybe not but a different idea
                      [/QUOTE]

Don't think Hanna-Barbera would be to fond of that idea, unless it was theirs.

Comment

HEY MOK
                        THIS IS SHARON WIFE OF JEFF I POSTED THAT REPLY YESTERDAY-
                        HOW RIGHT YOU ARE!! YOU KNOW HOW SOMETHING WILL COME TO YOU AND THEN WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT IT YOU SAY DUH TO YOURSELF WELL ABOUT 1AM IT HIT ME THATS RIGHT BACK WHERE WE ALL STARTED

Comment

HEY MOK
                          HOW RIGHT YOU ARE!!!!!
                          YOU KNOW HOW WHEN YOU YOU COME UP WITH SOMETHING THEN THINK MORE ABOUT IT AND THEN GIVE YOURSELF A BIG DUH!!
                          HIT ME ABOUT 1AM THAT IDEA WOULD PUT YOU RIGHT BACK WHERE YOU STARTED

Comment

HEY MOK ME AGAIN SHARON I GOT KNOCKED OFF AND DIDN'T THINK THE FIRST REPLY TOOK
                            GONNA BE ONE OF THOSE DAYS

Comment

glow bowling
                              midnight madness
                              colors galore
                              bright nites
                              rock the nite
                              dark,lights,action
                              just a few to set examples can also vary the spelling of the names

------------------
                              james
                              james

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse