Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right channel out

On my sound system, the right channel does not have sound. On the mixing board if I flip the mono / stereo switch, both channels play. I have checked the connections and all seem well.

You think the problem is in the mixing board / eq or in the amp.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Right channel out

Clean out the peanut butter cream pie.

Comment

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I already fixed the sound on the system in the throne room. Do you need me to come out there again?

Comment

I forgot about that!

Comment

How could it be a problem in the amp if both channels work in mono? Might just be one of the sliders or a preamp in the mixer if it has one.
            Old and obsolete? It's new to me!

Comment

I know this might sound obvious, but youd be amazed the amount of times ive set up a gig and panicked due to no sound. Are there swithces that change the input from line level to older record levels, are there any kill switches, is there a left/right fader been knocked, or the gain turned down. My mixer has hundreds of buttons and i really hate it when people touch them and upset the hard work setting them up.

But as tallrick says, main problem with mixers is that the sliders wear out and could be faulty, but most of these operate both left and right channels.

It could be a problem in the amp, in stereo each channel comes in seperate and then is amplified seperate and then output to each speaker bank.
              In mono the left (usually white) channel accepts the input and play it through both amplifier channels. Therefore whilst the amp section works the pre-amp and input wiring from the connections on the back could be faulty.
              If Wile E coyote has enough money to by all that Acme crap why doesnt he buy his dinner?

Comment

Fixed.

It was the Sirius radio to RCA cable connection at the reciever.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse