Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightworx Hacking

Just checking before I start. Has anyone else hacked the serial port on the lightworx controller?
    The cap lighting effect is really cool, but the controller is about the lamest piece-o-chit EVER!! Absolutely NO customization allowed, and it's not DMXable.
    When I try to use audio in for the VU meter effect, two of my caps freeze up. SO... I've had it with their way, it's time to PinCup it!

I've searched this thread line for any indication that someone else has already done this and found nada.
    My next step is to call the big B and ask for the programming methods. (never hurts to ask.) The serial port is there for a reason, right?

If that fails, I'll abandon everything but the LEDs and design my own address controller. (I know this guy on facebook who is the Overlord of LED. He's been seen around here too.)
    I'll keep y'all posted on my progress.

PinCup
    We leave our greatest mark on this earth with the quality of our craftsmanship.

Please do, I'd be very interested in your results.
    Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
    Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
    Walker B, Sanction Standard & Original K
    Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

I suspect the output is RS 485 serial as we have to set the address in the module. One could trap the signal with a rs 232 to rs 485 converter and read the signals being sent by using hyperterminal in an XP or older machine with a legacy comm port.
      This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

I suspect the output is RS 485 serial as we have to set the address in the module. One could trap the signal with a rs 232 to rs 485 converter and read the signals being sent by using hyperterminal in an XP or older machine with a legacy comm port.

I used one like this with USB to see what commands turned on AMF Xl pinspotters.
        http://www.commfront.com/Converter-P...-Converter.jpg
        This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

I'll have to try that. Thanks Ted.
          Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Originally posted by PinCup View Post
            My next step is to call the big B and ask for the programming methods. (never hurts to ask.) The serial port is there for a reason, right?

PinCup
            Well... that went no where. I commend the guy in tech support for at least asking the higher ups. But, they refused to help me with any technical specs or info.
            I was hoping...

I am un-detoured! Onward with the hack.

PinCup

Comment

Cap LED PCB

Bottom

Bowler pedestal LED PCB
              right

middle

Left

Under side looks alot like the capping PCB.

Time to open up the controller and see what's inside.

PinCup

Comment

Ah, so that's what those PCBs were. I wonder if they're using a standard protocol like DMX or a proprietary serial protocol. Are these cascadable?
                www.bigclive.com

Comment

Yes, there are about 20 units per lane plus the pedestal board. The coolest effect they make is called "Runway" in which the individuals cascade up and down the lanes in colors.

I believe they are serial, although I haven't cracked open the controller yet.

PinCup

Comment

Are the LEDs intensity controlled or just on and off?
                    www.bigclive.com

Comment

The Lightworx controller

Serial port looks to be only using + - and a ground

PinCup

Comment

Comment

If it is just plus, minus and ground then it's probably an RS485 network like DMx uses, but not necessarily using the DMX512 protocol. What are the numbers on the light module PCBs themselves?

Sometimes where data goes in and then comes back out again the system can be using a self addressing technique where the incoming data has a few bytes taken for it's LED channels and then passes the rest of the data through so that the next module takes its three bytes and so on. It looks like an ideal application for the WS2801 chip, which is a 14 pin package.
                          www.bigclive.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
                            .... as we have to set the address in the module.
                            How do you set the address?

PinCup

Comment

Originally posted by PinCup View Post
                              How do you set the address?
                              Via the module controller near the ball return.
                              Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick B-10's Hollar House

Took a trip back in time to the classic “Hollar House”. The lanes went in in 1908. There was no ABC but according to the current operator, Tom, it became sanctioned when...

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
                              seems like pms were not done in a long time
                              and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...
                              Working...
                              X