Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightworx. only working in first two sections

Hi everyone, my first posting here.

The first two address decoder boxes work perfect. After that the rest of the lanes just have a few random lights on. I intend on swapping two of the boxes to determine if the cable between the boxes is bad, or the box itself.

My question is do I need to change the address on the box or can I simply swap them as a test. I just want to diagnose what has failed.

Off topic, our center just won cities best for the forth time. Woo-Hoo!!!!

I'm a noob, been at this eight months now.

Thanks in advance!

Most of the time, the problem is the light-to-light cable between the last working light and the first non-working light. Brunswick must have had a lot of issues with these, cuz ours did't work out of the box. When we called about it, they replaced them all under warranty. You can get these to work buy disconnecting and reconnecting. But the next time you turn them on, they won't work again. These cables are easily identified by their red plugs. The replacements will have white plugs
    We have had a few bad light modules that worked with power coming in, but no power coming out. But this was very rare. Rather than pitching these, we just use them for the last light in the strings. I hope this helps.

Comment

Sorry for so late a response, had to pull a couple extra shifts when our lead mechanic fell ill.

I have a lot of spare parts for this system since they removed eight lanes many years ago under different owners to put in a nightclub. There still isn't a nightclub, but we have one hell of a storage room.

I found another address decoder box to box connector and ran it between them on top of the lanes. Everything came back to life, so I taped it to the old cable and fished it through and all is good in the land of Hugo's on the Hill.
      The system was installed a good many years ago and it is all red connectors. I am following advice given by another member and dabbing the connections with a bit of silicon. Started with our most problematic line of lights so we shall see how well it works. Also did the same with a flatscreen on lane 16 that has the lower connector fall off about every four weeks. Works like a charm for a month, then dies. So I'm hoping to not re-do that one for a few months.

Great advice I get from this site. All this newbie can say is thanks a lot!

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• PinCup
        DMX512 lighting 101
        PinCup
        I'm once again sorting out and Cosmic Bowling light show that never worked or looked quite right. I am always amazed at what was a 'professional' install, where basic DMX rules...
        05-12-2012, 03:30 PM
      • PinCup
        DMX512 lighting 101
        PinCup
        I'm once again sorting out and Cosmic Bowling light show that never worked or looked quite right. I am always amazed at what was a 'professional' install, where basic DMX rules are ignored. So, to help inform my BT brothers and sisters, I'll start a thread to help inform. Here's what I've learned over the years. What is DMX512 protocol? DXM lighting protocol is a system of controlling your light show. Used in night clubs, theater and stage productions, landscape accent, and by those crazy folks that put a million lights on their house for the holidays. DMX allows you to remote control intelligent and non-intelligent lighting fixtures. Now days, you can even control DMX from your smart phone. Control of a non-intelligent light fi...
        05-13-2012, 08:31 PM
      • MarkyB
        Communication help!?!?!!!??!
        MarkyB
        Had a call last night saying all 16 lanes had lightening bolts across them, on my way in, they had come back on, as i was leaving it happened again.

Noticed the router...
        05-22-2010, 10:46 AM
      • 8270tom
        Lightworx Detector Module Failure
        8270tom
        Have several pairs that the decoder failed for the lightworx. What causes these to fail? Two sets are showing white lights with no movement. Two sets are showing no lights...
        06-24-2012, 11:53 PM
      • Pete_dup1
        Xreme Light faulty driver box??
        Pete_dup1
        Greets, Xreme light driver boxes, all ribbons in good condition, all wiring looks good too, all lights works perfectly for about 15 minutes. Now i have 3 lanes (not from same...
        12-01-2005, 09:13 PM

The New Brunswick NXT

Best Pinsetter on the market today

Distributor Repair Kit

Has anyone installed a dist. repair kit ? Wanted to know if its a fix to the problem or just a brunswick brand Band-Aid....

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Wiring Problems

Had to do a service call at a friend's center as he was out of town. Seems Accelerator on 5 & 6 had quit. Breaker, (which fed 3 pairs), had not tripped, ohm check on motor...

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Pinsetter Procedures

Over the years I've compiled info in a 3-ring binder for quick reference. I decided to add a bunch to it and make one for a few of my friends including the rear-wall house. ...

Transformer Installation Instructions

Does anyone have the installation instructions for P/N: 12-862164-000 ?
      Working...
      X