Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kanga (James) View Post
    Scoring a spare is often a result of poor timing; which is caused by the curtain reflection tricking the camera into believing the cycle started at the wrong time. If you get the correct score on the first ball then the issue is not pin visibility. Reducing the camera brightness may help along with scuffing up the entire vertical area of the curtain.

What make/model of scoring does he want to upgrade to?
    Make and Model I will have to get next week if at all possible.

Also it does score wrong on 1st ball to sometimes.

Comment

Also the odd lane scores fine. Just an issue on even lane.

Comment

Got a chance to do a try on this even lane. I hung black towels over pit curtain. Bowled a game on it. It went from throwing up spares with pins standing from 4 times a game to 1 or 2 times now. Got somewhat better.
        But it does misscore on 1st ball too couple times a game. With 1 or 2 pins still standing it will throw up a - miss 0 for a score. So thats where were at for now.

Comment

Perhaps swap the curtain between lanes to see if the issue follows.

Are the pit lights the same tubes and reflector type?
          Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
          Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
          Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
          Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

I can try the curtain swap. Hope I don't get 2 lanes misscoring. I could just swap and test.
            The pit lights are the same. There the Zot LEDs with interchangeable colors and there is a dim switch for the white normal LEDS lights to turn down.
            I did in past move light reflectors down more to take away more light in pit. This brings the light shine more towards front of pins and spreads light shine wider from front to back if you know what i mean.
            Still believe the issues are related to LED lighting to brite. But then when we turn down it can get worse if to low do to not seeing pins now.

Comment

More often than not it's the contrast between light and dark that makes or breaks this version. The darker you can get the curtain and cushion to look (with the rake down) the better...even at 180 the reflection back from the angle change in the curtain screws with its perceived timing. Very rarely would I get scoring problems related to the camera not "seeing" the right number of pins when the timing was right.

You can also add red cellophane to the camera to tone down the glare; double it up as needed.
              Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Even if it scores wrong on first ball ?

Comment

Yup.

The camera is looking for a "flag" to know when the cycle has started. It then goes back in time (a preset duration) to determine the score. That flag is what it "perceived" was the deck descending (white card). If the curtain reflects back to the camera when the rake lowers and the cushion lifting alters the curtain angle, the scoring will think that's the deck descending and thus the time it goes back will be before the deck has descended, during pinfall.
                  Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse