Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no push button reset

I am at wits end... I have jap A-2 with accu-score. Lane 26, No bowler reset, mechanic reset, photo trigger, or 10th frame reset. I have changed all accociated components with the pair next door. Lane 25 operates properly. 23 & 24 (swapping pair) operate properly. I believe that the problem is in lane 26 somewhere. Tower switch, K-1 relay, both bowl-tronic's boards, CWC, photo trigger sensor, and K-1 relay base have all been swapped with no change. I looked for a bare wire in the wire channel with no findings. When I changed relay base, it cycled once by the mechanic's reset. After that, same problem. Any help is appreciated

Mark
    Mark
    (919) 757-1789

Re: no push button reset

It sounds like the cycle signal isn't getting from the K1 relay to the TDM. Does the machine cycle OK from ball impact?

Comment

Have you checked your underlane wiring ?? Particularly where it comes from under the lane at each end. If a clip or tie has come undone the cable may have been damaged by balls & become dead or intermittent - worth a check.

Comment

You said it cycled once and then never did. Look at the K-1 relay. Before you push the reset button, is the relay pulled in?

If it is, you are not removing the power from the latching circuit in the relay setup. Once the relay pulls in...it is latched on with one set of the contacts until the rake falls. This is what one of the switches in the tower switch assy does. (red and black wires) The other switch is wired to tell the camera to take a picture once the rake falls. (actually, start the timer to take a picture)

If the relay is not pulled in before you push the reset button, then pulls in when the reset is presses and you don't get a cycle, then you have a bad or at least poor connection to the TDM. Replace the wire that was installed to go to terminal 18 on the TDM. It will have a butt splice on it and that may be your culprit.

If the relay doesn't pull in at all when the reset button is pressed, then you may not have any voltage getting through the same tower switch I refered to above. You may have a broken wire inside the jacket taking the 4 wires up to the tower switches. Run a continuity test on the red and black wires inside the jacket. You may find your problem there.

The only other item I didn't see you changing is the trigger switch. One side of that switch is used to discharge the 1000 mfd capacitor in the TDM and if it doesn't discharge...it may not cycle. Try changing the trigger switch and see what happens. Hope this helps.
        TSM & TSM Training Development
        Main Event Entertainment
        480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse