Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball lift motor stopped

Leave it to me to have a problem like this. I had a ball lift stop today. Did not overheat. I thought well it must've gone bad. Took the motor in back works fine . Installed in another lift works fine . Put new motor in the original problem lift still doesn't work. This motor also checked out good in the back.
    Heres where it gets weird .I believe the ball lift control box is a frameworx . It has two cube relays and a transformer . power in on the line side 115 volts power out 115v line 115v common. The motor is 110 why would both lines be hot on the output side? Oh I put in the spare box we have and it has the same readings. HELP

Did you check the control box in the back?
    I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

Is the blower motor running? Could be a bad safety switch.

Comment

No blower is not running. I have this control box plugged in to a 115 volt wall outlet on a bench ny itself . When I close the contacts manually I still have115v to hot to ground and neutral to ground. 0v between neutral and hot.

Comment

What machine is it hooked up to ? Sounds like the problem is in a relay. On my A2's, there's a circuit in the electrical panel to run the controller for the powerlift. On my 82/70's, the M1 relay in the chassis runs the powerlift. If all the hardware checks out, it's a relay problem...
          "Don't expect too much and you'll never be let down..."

Comment

Originally posted by Tmc View Post
            No blower is not running. I have this control box plugged in to a 115 volt wall outlet on a bench ny itself . When I close the contacts manually I still have115v to hot to ground and neutral to ground. 0v between neutral and hot.
            I think the relay is wired differently than you expect. Both sets of contacts are switching the hot. You can leave it that way and run the neutral around it if you want. The neutral doesn't need to be switched on and off.

Comment

Take a look at this. It might help.

Brunswick power lift

Edited to add:
              I just this summer replaced all of our old B2000 lift and lift boxes with the Frameworks stuff but put in our relays and bases. Eventually all of the MS and TDM's will be replaced with the same realy.
              You don't have to be crazy to do this job...But it helps!

Comment

Not trying to highjack the thread but, do the Brunswick lifts not run on 110? in the diagrams of the other thread they are 230/240 line in. Also why would you switch the hot on both sets of contacts?
                When you know what to do, everything is easy.

Comment

Some do run on 120 volts. Some of the diagrams are for 208 or 240 volt accelerators or boosters. Running one wire through both sets of contacts on a double pole relay splits the load so each set does half the work. The contacts are supposed to last longer.

Comment

I personally have both. Original 32 lanes are all 110. The 12 lanes that were added later run 220. All of them have 24v fan motors.
                    You don't have to be crazy to do this job...But it helps!

Comment

that makes sense at 230/240V but I was thinking in the 110/115 frame of mind. Thanks for the answers, the 24v fan now explains what the transformer does too.
                      When you know what to do, everything is easy.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
                      seems like pms were not done in a long time
                      and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
                      Working...
                      X