Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Pinball

Today's score... a 1976 Gottlieb Sure Shot.

$275 on craigslist. A couple hours of tinkering with it and it's working great.
    Has some rotten rubber and a few busted posts, but only 18,000 plays on the counter. The playfield is in really great shape.

I love old EM pinballs, and I finally own a wedgehead!
    PinCup
    We leave our greatest mark on this earth with the quality of our craftsmanship.

Omg..... cool!

Comment

The playfield looks almost new. Has it been restored?
      www.bigclive.com

Comment

I love that type of mechanical scoring!

Comment

Originally posted by BigClive View Post
          The playfield looks almost new. Has it been restored?
          It has not.
          The story is, his Grandfather bought it new in 1977 and put it in his bar. Customers were too rough with it and spilling on it so he took it home after a couple months were it stayed. After a few years in the house it was moved out to his shop where it's been for the last 30 years.
          I bought it non-working, but after an hour of tinkering I have it 100% working. Needs a playfield waxing, new rubber and has some post rot. $83 in parts on the way.
          I stole it for $275

PinCup

Comment

That's awesome.

Comment

Nice! Did a quick shop (for me that's a playfield and rubber cleaning and waxing while leaving the playfield intact) on my buddy's Flash a few weeks ago. Thing played wicked fast after just a little freshening.

Comment

Awesome find. Pinball is making a comeback in my area. An arcade that serves beer opened up a quarter mile from my place and is doing quite well. They have tons of pinball and they rotate and trade out all of the time. I've been trying to get them to get older style game like that, but the oldest they have is one of my favorites Eight ball deluxe, along with Black knight and a bunch of newer pins.
                * this space left blank intentionally *

Comment

Ever so gently removed the reminisce of an old sticker with a single edge razor blade.

Now in service with the rest of the fleet,

PinCup

Comment

Nice collection Eric!
                    I can't even spell Brunsw-ick anymore!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pinfeed View Post
                      Nice collection Eric!
                      It's an addictive hobby. I'm already looking for another EM pin.

PinCup

Comment

I always liked Hurricane and the rare, flat Joust where 2 people could play simultaneously, one on each end of the table.

Comment

OK.... technically, it's NOT another pinball machine. So we won't count this one.

1970 Midway Sea Raider

The "Ship Hit" sound is generated by a relay slapping a long spring and a small microphone.

Took a couple hours, but I have it working.

PinCup

Comment

Nice. I think I may have played that game when I was a kid. On a boat of all places!

Is that a reverb spring next to the audio board?

The Midway stuff is always really well laid out and labelled. Very good for maintenance.
                            www.bigclive.com

Comment

Originally posted by BigClive View Post
                              Is that a reverb spring next to the audio board?

Yes, that's it. The relay armature smacks the spring, the microphone coil at the top picks up the vibration and feeds it to the amp. Does sound like an explosion. Clever indeed.

PinCup

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
                              seems like pms were not done in a long time
                              and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
                              Working...
                              X