Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coil cleaners, the best?

I was wondering what you guys, that clean the coils in your kitchen/bar equipment, use to clean the coils with? Do you use a "no rinse" cleaner or some other chemical? Mine all have typical "dusty" dirt that I was able to get some of with just hot water in a spray bottle. Our upright frezer in the kitchen has "greasy" dirt that i had to use a straight degreaser then spray with water to get a little clean. Do you use the same cleaners on your air handler coils as well? thanks for your input guys.

Alex
    Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
    Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
    Cloth: ShamWow!
    Machine: Johnny 5
    Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Re: Coil cleaners, the best?

Hi shamefowjze, I use Blast-A-Coil to clean the tougher dirt and grime, ie. anything around deep fryers where grease gets in the coils. Grainger has it but it's expensive. $9 a can. One can is good for 2 or 3 coils.

Comment

I use Blast-A-Coil also. Seems to do a pretty good job.

Pete

Comment

Hi pressure nitrogen works well also if you want to stay away from chemicals. But Blast-A-Coil is best. Gets things nice and clean and you don't have dust flying around when everything is said and done... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
        TSM & TSM Training Development
        Main Event Entertainment
        480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

I forgot to mention the stuff smells pretty too, if you're not the one using it! It's kind of like Simple Green, smells good in really small dosages. If your dirt is dry, a shortened paint brush will rake the dust off no chemicals needed. But it would be a good idea to clean them with a coil cleaner every second or third time. Good luck.

Comment

On greasy Kitchen coils. Use Grease Lightning and the Hottest water you can find. That snack bar grease is tough stuff to get off coils.
            As far as AC coils , Use a non acid Coil cleaner (Heavy Foaming)and rinse with a hose. I dont recommend No rinse coil cleaner.
            MASTER HVAC Tech

Comment

For our smaller cooler coils, I just take a wire brush and pull them main stuff off the front (fan off) brushing with the coils. Then with the fan on I blow it out with a spray dust can. Gets a little dusty, but they turn out nice and clean.
              Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

Using a nylon brush would work better than a wire one, wire could be bad for the coils. If you are looking for a cheap way to clean them just a heavy duty degreaser will work fine with a nylon brush.
                Matthew Knightly
                Thomas College
                Waterville, ME

Sparetime Recreation
                Pro Shop/Mechanic
                Waterville, ME

Comment

i only reccomend using liquid nitrogen or blast a coil both do a good job

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse