Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fan problem

Carrier units, condenser fans (hot side when cooling) just hum and won't run.

These fans have one run capacitor which was bulged and we replaced, it worked fine for a week them back to the same thing. The capacitor is good, we verified that by swapping it with a good one from another units, problem did not move.

What is causing this?

Bad motor winding. Motor may run fine for 2 or 3 cycles then lock rotor all of a sudden. Change out fan motor and capacitor together.
    ME&My68

There's no such thing as idiot proof, it just makes a better idiot!

Comment

Both fan motors, at the same time all of a sudden?

Comment

I think there's a Thermistor in the fans that cuts the control circuit in the event of a fan failure. If they're on the same set of coils it could be the problem. Only thing is that it should also stop the compressor/s.
        Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
        Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
        Walker B, Sanction Standard & Original K
        Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

That's just it, it all runs but the fans hum and won't start. I asked an hvac guy and he just automatically said the fan motors are bad. So ok, both fan motors just suddenly went bad at exactly the same time? Hmm....

I also asked him why, after a few minutes of running, two other units blow fuses and his answer was it's almost always bad fan motors. Really, fan motors go bad that frequently? You mean it can't be a high current draw item like, say, the compressor?

Whatever I don't know. I'm trying to learn and ask this guy questions but it seems like I'm just bothering him.

Comment

I had one blowing fuses, It turned out to be the disconnect. One leg got hot and melted a bit causing the knives to not touch flat against each other. On the fans, try swapping the motor to a good one.

Comment

Have you taken any voltage readings or clamped them for amp draw? This could be a contactor problem.
              Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
              Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
              Walker B, Sanction Standard & Original K
              Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

I don't have an amp clamp.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
                seems like pms were not done in a long time
                and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
                Working...
                X