Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small scale candlepin bowling

Thought you folks would like seeing our 3/4 scale candlepin bowling lanes with our home made pinsetters.102_0228.jpg102_0230.jpg102_0231.jpg102_0232.jpg102_0233.jpgJason's lane.jpgnew lane.jpgnew lane 2012.jpgP1010003.jpgP1010004.jpgP1010005 (2).jpgP1010012.jpgP1010013.jpgP1010017 (2).jpg

Absolutely amazing work...do you have any video of these lanes in action?
    Check out my YouTube videos: http://www.youtube.com/cmp128

Comment

The only video right now available is what is on you tube " 3/4 candlepin basement bowling". I will have to get my son to get a good video of his lane in operation and get some good shots of the machine in operation, he's more adept to putting video on the computer than I am, but I will get a video on.

Comment

Comment

Wow, excellent job on your pinspotter. I am sure I will have questions for you in the near future. BTW, welcome to Bowltech. I know it's a little belated, but better late than ever.
          If it can't be fixed with a hammer, try a bowling pin! They're heavier and more surface area for whacking!

Comment

Thanks Andy, P M or e-mail me any time. Hunnemanco@yahoo.com

Comment

I'm confused....It looks like there are two different lanes, one shorter one near the steps of the basemenet, and ther other is on against another wall and seems longer??? Hmmmm? Can you tell me if I'm just not visualizing correctly?
              --- SteveJT66

82/70's,kickers,Kegel Kustodian

Comment

Yes Steve you are visualizing correctly. The one that is shorter is at my house it is the first one built, the longer one is at my sons house and it is about 10 ft longer it is the second one I built. Both are 3/4 scale except of course the lengths. These are also the pics with the lane specs I sent to deberber to be put in the AMBC web site he is putting up. Both lanes are in operation.
                Rob

Comment

Wow..two lanes each with a fully automatic machine!!! Were they hard to build? Are they the same as the full size machines?
                  --- SteveJT66

Comment

They took a lot of figuring ,a lot of time spent at the drafting table. Oh yes, and plenty of trial and error testing of parts. Did not realize, until recent when I was actually taking a tally of what it cost to build one, that the cost is up there ( about 3,000 ) and to think that when I built the first one I had this idea in my head to build 4 machines but didn't. The first one was for the grandson when my son bought a house that they could put the lane in, well, one year latter he did but all us adults were having so much fun with the machine that I built another one so the promise to the grandson was kept and we get to keep bowling here too. Also still able to boast how we have had a lane here in the basement since June 1969, full size candlepins and balls ( had to stand them up by hand ) until scaling the lane down and built a pinsetter 3/4 scale, summer of 2008.
                    It took about 40 years but finally ahhh just push the button and let the machine do the rest. Rob

Comment

Oh Steve , and the other part of your question are they like the full size machines. I think pretty much so with some variation i.e. the conveyors to the chutes, mine uses rollers instead of belts. The guys at one of the candlepin houses down buy where my son lives thinks they would like to use my idea. ( lot less maint. and less to go wrong)

Comment

Wow!! That is great!!! Geez, I wish I had the room for another lane! I'd put in a candle pin one also, and pay you to make another machine and come over and install it!! That is so awesome!!! Great job!!!!
                        --- SteveJT66

Comment

Hey, GFD! I'm in Augusta! You got that in your Gardiner house?

Doug

Comment

Well, Hello Doug. Yes I have one at my house in Gardiner and my son has the other one at his house in Gorham. His is about 10 feet longer because his basement is a lot bigger than mine. I have been reading your threads on here, I know that at one point I think Moosehead had connected with you about info for his 1/3 scale candlepin project I told him you only live about 12 miles from my place. Did I see it right, on another thread tonight I read you had a stroke recently? If so, sorry to hear that. I have been wondering where you had been getting some of the parts and materials you have been working with, like you say we have no hobby stores close by. Anyway, yup this lane is at the gardiner house. Rob

Comment

Yeah, I had a retinal prolapse. Left me blind in one eye. I bought all my parts when I lived in Ft Myers Fl. I shopped at the Hobbie Warehouse and bought all R/C model aircraft parts to built the thing. They carry K & S Brass stock as well, and that's where I got that.

Gotta use the internet now, my friend! Up here? Siberia.

Doug

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
                              seems like pms were not done in a long time
                              and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
                              Working...
                              X