Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foul Light LED Mod

image_5251.jpg Here is a mod I came up with for a foul light unit. I was able to remove the old indicator light bulbs and replace them with ultra bright white LEDs. This should work for about any foul light unit but the LED size and mounting will be unique for each type. I used 12V LEDs here but the foul light output was about 16.5V. Easy fix with a resistor. The voltage to the LEDs is now about 9.5V which is still plenty bright enough even though they aren't at full power.

image_5252.jpg
    Fusion Bowling
    (904) 318-7206
    (904) 701-BOWL

I like that!

Comment

Pretty cool Matt. Now........if your house does a ""Moonlight"" program on weekend nights......find a way to disengage the foul system while leaving the lights on. Just to add an extra lighting effect??????? Might just throw a pretty neat lighting pattern onto the approach??????

Comment

Nicely done.
        TSM & TSM Training Development
        Main Event Entertainment
        480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Just a thought, but you could possibly have used LED MR16 style lamps? The white LEDs will gradually reduce in intensity over time, so just be aware of that if you get intermittent trips later. Another thought is to use other colours of light, since the only reason the original was white was because it was a tungsten source. You could also use colours like red, orange, yellow, green or blue. For lifetime consistency the red, orange and yellow are the most stable.

I'll guess that the current requirement of the boards you've fitted is about 160mA and with about 7V being dropped across the resistor it will be dissipating about a watt of power.
          www.bigclive.com

Comment

Have you thought of selling them to an airport for landing lights. Man they look bright.
            Regards,

Len.

Comment

Did something similar for a 1 / 2 Ball Light LED mod. Voltage From TS 2 # 6 to # 9, or # 6 to # 1 is Approx. 29 Volts, (mine run hot!). # 9 to #12 is Approx. 9 Volts for LEDs. Used a 150 Ohm, 10 Watt resister to lower the voltage. Calced the required size and draw - 150 Ohms dropped it to 9 Volts, wattage was about 1, rule of thumb is to double the resister rating, but for a few cents more, I "supersized" it to 10 Watts. Also added a little thermal paste a few heat sinks. I used TS2-12 to feed the lights. It was originally used to terminate the 3rd Low side transformer line which I removed and capped. Even at 9 Volts, the LED's are much brighter than the old GE standard filament bulbs.

Bulb 1 C.jpgBulb 2 C.jpg
              Everything has to be Somewhere !!

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse