Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Ball lift issues.

Hi there, wasn't entirely sure where to post this.
    I've come in this morning and one of our ball returns seems to be acting up. Balls are making it to the bottom of the ball lift but then aren't being lifted by the bottom wheel of the lift and it's just leaving bowling balls backing up from the ball lift back. I ran the return empty and I can see that the bottom wheel is spinning but a lot slower than the top one. I can also stop that bottom wheel when the machine is running with little pressure or force.

I'm quite new to the technical department here and we don't seem to have any manuals for our ball returns. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

If it helps any, we run Brunswick GSX machines.

Cheers in advance

Is this an FX lift, Gold Crown, Astro or System 2000 lift? There should be a name plate on the odd side of the lift. GS machines can run any lift.

I'm not sure about FX but there's a clutch on the latter three makes. You can remove the lower hub assembly, remove the clutch, degrease and "lightly" re-oil it...key word - "LIGHTLY". Be sure you remember how you remove and install the clutch so you get the direction correct when installing.
    Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
    Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
    Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
    Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

I've Thanks for the insight, I ended up getting a hold of one of the companies senior techs and he pretty much gave me the same advice.

I've just spent 3 hours trying to pull the lift out of the cavity and then putting it back together.....Nightmare.

Cheers

Comment

If the lane installers were nice, you should have enough room to remove the pulley and hub assembly without removing the lift.
        Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
        Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
        Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
        Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Distributor Repair Kit

Has anyone installed a dist. repair kit ? Wanted to know if its a fix to the problem or just a brunswick brand Band-Aid....

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Wiring Problems

Had to do a service call at a friend's center as he was out of town. Seems Accelerator on 5 & 6 had quit. Breaker, (which fed 3 pairs), had not tripped, ohm check on motor...

Pins getting gouged

Has anyone ever had this problem of the pins getting gouged?
        I have one lane pair that is just chewing the pins up. There is nothing visibly sticking out on either lane...

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Pinsetter Procedures

Over the years I've compiled info in a 3-ring binder for quick reference. I decided to add a bunch to it and make one for a few of my friends including the rear-wall house. ...

Transformer Installation Instructions

Does anyone have the installation instructions for P/N: 12-862164-000 ?
        Working...
        X