Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ball lift relay failure

The Ball lift relay of lanes 1 & 2 will go bad 6-8 weeks, has happened 3 times this year. Connections are tight and inspected the cable going back to the nexgen, no visible damage.
    Looking for where to go with a very intermittent problem. Thank you Gene

I would be looking for a pinched/chaffed wire. I know you said the cable has been inspected, but no visible damage does not always mean no damage....i speak from experience learned the hard way on that point.
    Other thing is have you tried to move the control panel/box off that powerlift to another unit and see what happens?

Comment

What part of the relay burns, the coil or the contacts?

Comment

Originally posted by JoelJoanis View Post
        What part of the relay burns, the coil or the contacts?
        Who you directing this question to?

Comment

Gene

Comment

Gotcha. Was just wondering if it was a general question or one specific to his issue.

Comment

Gentlemen: Thank you for the responses. It is the contacts that fail. I have not had an issue since the last problem so I put this on the back burner and dealing with more
              pressing issues. To "loadtoad" in your past failures of the wires--have you found one place to look better than the other--when I get back to the inspecting?
              Gene

Comment

I've moved this out of the tech reference forum to the other equipment forum since this isn't specific to GS setters and isn't technical reference material.

Gene, did you check the rating of the relays being installed? Are they above the motor specs? It might also be worth putting a clamp meter on the wire to the contact to see exactly what the amp draw is vs the relay rating.

Could the relay be chattering due to a control supply issue?
                Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
                Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
                Walker B, Sanction Standard & Original K
                Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

I have been purchasing my relays directly from Brunswick. NOW the problem is that the unit will not turn off. even with new relays in them.
                  This is a fun unit but at least it is working!

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
                  seems like pms were not done in a long time
                  and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
                  Working...
                  X