Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: synthetic pins

I'm always tring different things to slow down oor's,my latest attempt is using straight evolution lane cleaner and spraying it on the pindecks.I'm not sure what the long term effects might be on my synthetic pindecks but I can tell you it has sure stopped the oor's.We had just put in some of brunswicks new "killer B " pins and the number of oor's had gone up a bunch.
    Good luck

Comment

Like I said in the Topic I had posted...:

If you have so many complaints about the Twisters after a couple of weeks, it should show you that maybe... the normal Diamond 299 Duramid, AMF, Brunswick and such do a better job afterall. Why spent $200+ Dollars if you can get a set for over half that price??? With the wooden pins you do not experience out of ranges and such.. no matter what pins, they get chewed up in machines.. plastic or not... and I don't believe you want to have chewed up looking pins in your Center for 4-7 years! I don't!
      Plastic does crack with age! And instead of putting "cement" or whatever on the basering, which cracks and also leaves scratches on the lanes, I'd rather buy the wooden ones.
      One said the sound has been noticed by Bowlers.. If you want to stay in business, throughout the twister and get the NORMAL Pins.

Comment

With wood pins I have far more trouble out of them than the Twisters. In texas when the humidity gets high the wood pins hang in the buckets and the Twisters have yet to do that. The Twisters won't last 4 to 7 years in my house too much lineage....maybe 2 1/2 or 3 years. Going to run them the rest of the spring and summer and see what they do. Not ready to throw them out yet. I am yet to have an out of range with them. It really isn't all that bad an idea...if they can get the sound a little better they would be on to something.

Comment

Hmmm sure would like to know what wood pin it is that never has out of ranges and such. Never heard of that one.

Comment

We have been using the no slide pin spots you get 9 per and they last a pretty much all year . I find the 5,8,9 spots wear out the most so as far as cost goes it's about $35.00 a pk over 20 lanes isn't bad and they really do eliminate the out of ranges . They are also USBC ,ABC approved as well

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• Scruff
              Synthetic Pins
              by Scruff
              My centre is contemplating on getting a set of synthetic pins. We are leaning towards the Lane Dynamics pin. Is anyone currently using or had synthetic pins, what is their pin...
              05-28-2002, 07:14 AM
            • rhombic10
              sliding pins
              by rhombic10
              ok guys im looking for a few constructive comments to resolve a slightly major problem. My center recently installed synthetic lanes thru the pin decks. Since then we are experiencing...
              11-05-2002, 08:23 PM
            • ALFman
              synthetic pindecks
              by ALFman
              we have bruns anvailanes, installed in 95. i do not like the pindecks, if they get oil on them from carrydown the pins slide alot and get oor's. even when they are clean the decks...
              10-17-2001, 04:00 PM
            • len marsden
              sliding pins.
              by len marsden
              hi guys,
              it's interestin reading of all the problems we are now having with sliding pins, particularly on synthetic decks.
              question is, why are we left to deal with...
              06-18-2001, 11:36 PM
            • the_blue_dragon
              Synthetic bowling pins
              by the_blue_dragon
              just want to know of anyone has tried these pins on a AMF pinspotter??
              and any thoughts??
              any good info is worth its weight in gold ...
              04-25-2008, 03:06 AM

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Elevator & Pits

All this work just to clean under the elevator !!??? LOL A friend is replacing a number of his elevators as the left hand triangle plate brackets are breaking. Rather than...

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Ball Wheel Belt Question

A friend was looking at his ball wheel belt which stated it was 208" long, (Pic 1). He was pretty sure that it is a B205 belt which should be 205" long. The answer...

MONITOR COLOR ISSUE!!

my appologies if Ive posted this in the wrong area, this is my second post on this site, Ive got a 10 lane center ( 5 pairs ) and on lanes 3&4, I am having a problem with...

Pin spot is off

I'm currently working at a 38 Lane center. Of those 38 lanes only a few are having this issue.

I'm currently trying to get all the lanes to have perfect pin spots...

Idler shaft

One of our lanes has a bad bearing assembly for the distributor pulley. The idler shaft that the pulleys sit on has been damaged where it sits on the bearing. I took the assembly...
            Working...
            X