Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball Lift

I have a ball lift that always seems to get jammed during practice and practice only. Take the hood off and there will be 3-4 balls caught. I have to manually accelerate them to the racks. But, during the rest of league play and during open play, it works perfectly. Any Ideas?

Re: Ball Lift

Check the contacts as they may be going out, there should be two in there one for each lane. If one is out the lift won't come on until both machines are on and could be the problem.
    Drill

David Bolt
    Champaign, IL
    USBC Silver Coach
    IBPSIA BOD
    IBPSIA Advanced
    Technical Certified
    Pro Shops

Comment

Those are both good. The balls just get jammed and the motor shuts off due to over load. Have to manually unjam then press the thermoverload button on the motor. It works perfectly any other time then during a five man league warm up.

Comment

Take a look at your preferance system to be sure it works properly. Getting a few balls locked on the even lane then released will send them up front at the same time, one behind the other and cause this.

Marty - Liberty Lanes
        56 Jap A-2's Qubica VDB's
        2 Kustodian Walkers
        http://s1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa408/a2mechanic

Comment

The ball tracks might also have a "flat spot" on them, that will also cause a ball or Balls to be caught when they decide to come up at the same time.
          <---- You are getting sleepy, very sleepy. When you wake-up you will want to bowl more. . . .

Comment

Maybe your motor is going south, As soon as its powered up, it trips overload, and the balls get stuck because its not running.

Mike
            DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

Do a two ball test...put 2 balls at front of lift and push them up at same time. Observe lift and see if it can handle the load.

What type of ball lift control box do you have?
              Peanut

Comment

we had a pair do that about a month ago. turns out the pulley on the motor had the grooves worn down. changed the pulley haven't had a call since.

mike d

Comment

make sure the belt is tight enough and clutch isnt slipping also I'd say good possibility the preferance system isnt working right or balls yoyoing and then coming back more than one at a time.

Comment

I have this same problem, but when I go to manually turn the pulleys to get the balls out, the balls come out REALLY hard. Most of the time, it manages to bring the motor to a stop without tripping the overload. Balls are getting caught right between the top and bottom tracks. I do know that it is not a preference issue, as it has happened with only one lane on in open play.

Comment

Thebuch, there's a few of things that may cause this.

- Upper or lower wheels cracked or worn
                      - Poor belt tension
                      - Poor belt condition
                      - Worn clutch

What upper and lower wheels does it have?
                      Does it have a 'V' or poly V belt?
                      What traction material is used on the 'C' tracks? Colour?
                      Do you use a retarder?
                      Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
                      Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
                      Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
                      Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse