Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad night for sweeps

Every Saturday night we have black light bowling, and sweeps are always getting hit, seems like par for the course unfortunately. Luckily I have not seen any damage to the pinspotters until tonight when I walked up to this scene.
    Broken sweep.jpg

Sweep link snapped, gotta love those plastic sweep links. Anyways while repairing this machine some goofballs thought it would be a great idea to give me some more work.

Collapsed sweep.jpg

Needless to say I made sure nether lane was operational until the end of the shift. They pay up front for a 2 hour block. You break it, no more bowling for you. Had to shut off a few other lanes as well before the end of the night.

I haven't seen too many pics like this on bowltech, and I am sure most of you probably have seen this on multiple occasions, but I figured it would be good to show those that have not pics like these.
    If it can't be fixed with a hammer, try a bowling pin! They're heavier and more surface area for whacking!

Ridiculous dumb ass people.

Comment

Man! I am not a violent guy, but that...yeah. That could make me punch a guy OUT! No excuse. Downright vandalism! GRRR!

Doug

Comment

oh and im sure the customers were probably laughing cause its so funny when the sweep gets hit. at least that is what happens when i see it. cant stand people like that
        watch out, they're everywhere!

Comment

Then when they come out into the parking lot they see me next to their car, laughing because a bowling ball went through their windshield..... oops did I say that out loud?.... lol

Comment

PLASTIC LINKS!!!!
            This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

"To permanently correct problems caused by the plastic sweep links just follow these simple steps....

1. Remove all plastic links from all machines
              2. Replace with more durable, longer lasting cast aluminum links
              3. Install removed plastic links into trash handling container assembly

Then enjoy years and decades of trouble free performance."

Comment

Your sweeps might love red flourescent duct tape!

Comment

Originally posted by Tablejam View Post
                  "To permanently correct problems caused by the plastic sweep links just follow these simple steps....

4. Require the Death Penalty for those em-effers that dick around in your center, and defy good sense and respect for the center's property.

They think it's funny I think it's funny too, seeing their balls cut off and tied around their neck, but...I'm not "customer-oriented" either...

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by Tablejam View Post

I somewhat agree with the above procedure. The only thing I would change is disposing them into a trash handling container. They should be recycled with care as they can always be re-purposed into something more appropriate, like a GSX part.

Originally posted by Sves View Post
                    Your sweeps might love red flourescent duct tape!
                    Not sure why they never put anything on them to make them stand out more, I will bring that question up, but would reflective tape really help or would it make them even more of a target?
                    If it can't be fixed with a hammer, try a bowling pin! They're heavier and more surface area for whacking!

Comment

Lol!!!

Comment

I've used florescent green poster board in the inset. Makes them stand out during cosmic bowling.

PinCup
                        We leave our greatest mark on this earth with the quality of our craftsmanship.

Comment

I don't care if we put flashing lights on the sweeps, they will still hit them, because they run up there without looking.

Comment

...or they're trying to.
                            I can't even spell Brunsw-ick anymore!!!

Comment

For the last 33 years I worked on 82/70 A machines that were field converted to B's. Chassis had stepper relays. I had a few chassis that had slow running steppers. When an oor occurred the stepper would pulse from step 2 to step 7 (2nd ball). A slow running stepper would cause the sweep relay to energize for a tenth of a second causing the sweep to move a couple of inches. With a slightly tilted inward sweep and half blind senior mens league mon, wed and fri, I lost a fair amount of pit lights.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
                              seems like pms were not done in a long time
                              and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
                              Working...
                              X