Adspeed Classic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributor swinging

Have a distributor with excessive swing when going from 3 bin to the 2 bin have replaced clutch plates springs any other ideas?

If you disconnect the two rear distributor springs (with the distributor at the #1 position), what does the distributor do? Does it stay at the #1 position?
    There! Try to NOT work now!

Comment

t will fall to the 10 pin side.

Comment

Odd machine correct?

Comment

Stahls has a distributor leveler that centers the post. It helps with the sway. You can also add more tension to the springs
          Keep an eye on it see if it does it again

Comment

Check the dist drive housing 000-027-390, I had a couple badly worn internally.

Comment

No it is even machanie

Comment

If it was an odd machine, I would have suspected the distributor drive shaft bottoming out in its drive housing; because of the distributors' leftward lean towards the ten pin. Now I suspect something to do with the safety link's front ball stud being loose, or perhaps the spring posts being loose. I'd look around back there for something irregular.

Comment

If it falls to one side then the cross level is off, which can cause swinging

Comment

Adspeed Classic

Collapse

"Tablejam changes a distributor belt"

My first video upload in awhile.

I thought it would be fun to see me changing a distributor belt.

This machine had a waffle belt on it but started having...

Auto OOR..

Didn't think I'd ever like these. Now, especially in a FEC, they are one of my favorite mods. Here are the ones I made for our center. Hooks were made from stock from my scrap...

Pit Board Rubbers

Years ago, got tired of these damn things falling off. Here's my fix. Never come loose again....

4:1 replacement

Swapped out 4:1 assembly today due to oil leak. Was surprised by the amount of sediment in the box. Looked and felt like gritty mud.
                  You can see the trail that the leaking...

Scissor stud tool.

Not sure if they make a special wrench to hold the stud for the scissors, but my dad got tired of fighting with it and made this wrench. He cut down a 15/16 wrench, grinded the...
                  Working...
                  X