Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table trouble

Hi! I'm a rookie so , please bare with me. My table will not come down. Changed chassis and motors. Chassis clicks on and motors hums till it pops. Checked plugs and are good. Changed solenoid. Checked harness. At a loss! Can it be a capacitor? I live almost in Canada via Montana so any help would be great.

Does the motor have an electronic start switch??
    -- Larry

Comment

Did you swap out the gearbox at the same time as the motor? There could be a bind in there causing issues.
      Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair View Post
        Did you swap out the gearbox at the same time as the motor? There could be a bind in there causing issues.
        I would try this with gearbox from a machine that has no problems

Comment

To answer your question. Yes it very well could be a capacitor.

Comment

Have you tried hand cranking the table to ensure there is definitely no bind in there somewhere?
            AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Try hand cranking the gearbox box. If it feels free, then check your capacitors.

Comment

If your motor hums and then pops the overload, that sounds like it'd be a bad start capacitor. If you swapped the motor and not the gearbox, it is possible that your gearbox is seized or is binding. Like previous users have stated, try hand cranking the gearbox. If it's freed up, you probably have a burnt out start capacitor. Before replacing your gearbox, make sure it has good and clean oil, and is also at the full level.

Our center had a problem like this but with a back end motor. Changing the motor head would then cause the motor to kick in and throw the overload. It ended up being the gearbox was seized up.

Hope this helps!
                Experience: We currently maintain 12 AMF 82-70's

Comment

Always change the sweep or table motors capacitors as a "pair". They are inexpensive and will cost you less problems down the road
                  30+ years of experience and still willing to learn more everday !!

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
                  seems like pms were not done in a long time
                  and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
                  Working...
                  X