Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Question For the XLI Edge Guys

Today I visited the college center where I was the mechanic for 35 years, the manager asked me if I happened to know why lane 5 &6 would shut down because of a ball lift fault according to the chassis display. Since I worked on 70's all that time I have no real experience on XLI Edges except to help set up the machines when they were installed after I retired. The problem seems to be intermittent as they worked fine when I looked at them. To get around the problem when they are busy they run the machines in mechanics mode, the backends work fine in that mode.

We had a very similar issue with our XLi's with the ball lift intermittently shutting off and displaying "ball lift" on the chassis. what it turned out to be was on the cable that runs from the ball lift control box back to the chassis where it plugs into the back the of XLi chassis it has a black sheath around it like heat shrink, in our case it was slightly too large and would cause the plug to break contact momentarily. after we trimmed the sheath back it never happened again.
    AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

The ball lift fault is actually referring to the ball "Return" up front. I had the safety switch going bad once which threw this fault now and then. I connected the two wires onto the same terminal to test the fault and it never returned. I replaced the switch.
      There! Try to NOT work now!

Comment

Thank's. I will pass this info on and see if it helps. Now back to paying payroll taxes and sales taxes. Much cleaner and easier on the hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill LeMieux View Post
          The ball lift fault is actually referring to the ball "Return" up front. I had the safety switch going bad once which threw this fault now and then. I connected the two wires onto the same terminal to test the fault and it never returned. I replaced the switch.

I realise that, he was stating that the ball returns seems to work fine and it was an intermittent issue, exactly the same thing i had and it turned out to be the heat shrink insulation around the plug of the cable from the ball return to the chassis which is what i actually meant.
          AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

I knew you knew that by the response to Dennis' post. I was letting him know what the fault code meant, along with another possible cause to his issue. Nothing more. I wonder if they ever got it working?
            There! Try to NOT work now!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill LeMieux View Post
              I knew you knew that by the response to Dennis' post. I was letting him know what the fault code meant, along with another possible cause to his issue. Nothing more. I wonder if they ever got it working?
              Ahhhhhhhhh lol

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick B-10's Hollar House

Took a trip back in time to the classic “Hollar House”. The lanes went in in 1908. There was no ABC but according to the current operator, Tom, it became sanctioned when...

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
              seems like pms were not done in a long time
              and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...
              Working...
              X