Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scoring issues - odd lane only

lane 3 at our centre is behaving very strangly. if a players 1st shot is a miss or a 1 then it doesn't score the next ball. this only occurs after the sweep has gone to 1st guard then straight back to home. the lane scores correctly if anything higher than a 1 is scored and the table and sweep run through the full 1st ball cycle. if you manually enter the score it moves on to the next player and works perfectly until the next 0 or 1 on a first ball. is this an electronic issue with the chassis or could there be an underlying mechanical issue?

Have you swapped chassis's with a known, correctly operating lane? Does the problem follow?

Comment

Make sure the 2nd ball lamp illuminates after the sweep reverse. Check SB switch if it doesn't.
      This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Is the machine cycling after that second ball is thrown (after the miss or 1 count)?
        There! Try to NOT work now!

Comment

haven't had a chance to swap the chassis yet (the kids are off school here so we're heaving) but the 2nd ball lamp is coming on as it should. Everything else seems to be working as it should. the chassis is getting swapped tomorrow so i'll let you know what happens. thanks for the help so far.

Comment

chassis swapped and the problem stayed on Lane 3 - what should the next step be?

Comment

Are you sure that what you tell us is happening, is actually happening? Or did someone tell you that is what's happening? I have XLi's and Conqueror and have never had this issue, nor can I fathom any possible explanation for it happening or the cause. To see for myself, I would throw two gutter balls and see it with my own eyes first.

Comment

thanks for the faith Billy, i can see the issues myself with the following exception, I didn't swap the chassis but my assistant manager did. and, yes i agree, it's wierd. That's why i'm asking....And my assistant manager has more tech experience than I do and he has no idea either.

Comment

I meant no disrespect sir. Experience demands I make sure the existing problem is the actual problem listed, or I'd be chasing a wild goose. Lord knows I've done that too many times. All I can do is grasp at straws at this point. Maybe the camera board is resetting sooner than it should under the conditions mentioned? It would worth the trouble to eliminate the board as a suspect. Swap it with a different pair and see what happens. That's all I got...

Comment

hadn't thought of that - i'll swap a board over this afternoon. i'm stumped too - a reset in "upload to lanes" seems to fix the issue for a few hours which is why we were so sure that the issue was with the chassis but since it doesn't seem to be i have no idea.

Comment

tried the camera board. no joy. still a 1 or an 0 on the first ball and the 2nd ball doesn't register. the 10 pins still get reset and cutomers bowl without noticing and it DOES score this next shot but as the 2nd ball for the previous bowler. starting to get really stressed especially before the xmas rush. anyone got any more ideas? even crazy ones......

Comment

That is truly odd. Sounds like a software issue. If it was my problem, I'd swap the VDB with another pair and see what happens. To me, it's the next logical step in the troubleshooting procedure.

When you "upload to lanes", do you also "erase memory"?

Comment

have tried every available combination. certainly haven't swapped VDBs yet so i'll try that next. thanks for the prompt response - we're accross in Scotland so the time difference means we don't always get advice as quickly as this....

Comment

You are NOT going to believe this! In fact I'm not sure I do. I just got a call from my night guy and he tells me he was watching #14 because they said there was scoring issues. He said the guy threw a gutter ball and all was well. But it didn't score his second ball even though the machine cycled. I sent him to the camera to check some things for me. That's when it hit me. It's doing the exact same thing yours is doing. You jinxed me man!

I walked him through "upload to lanes", even though I doubt it'll do any good after you said you tried that. But it's all I got from home and they have a full house. If it doesn't work, I'll go in in the morning and swap VDB's with another pair. What are the odds!?

20 minutes later-
                            Guy called me back and said it's still messing up after uploading to lanes. I guess I go in in the morning and see what's going on. Good luck to us...

Comment

try the rear ball sensor, I had one that was sticky (light stayed on for a few seconds) that caused similar problems. If it is that you can remove the wires and fit a jumper to get you by...

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
                              seems like pms were not done in a long time
                              and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
                              Working...
                              X