Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help ! 8270 sweep motor issue.

8270's, Boss scoring updated to Conqueror,MP chassis with XOP's. What happened was as my guy was oiling the lanes and the oil machine reached the pindeck our desk jockey turned the lane on! Needless to say a huge fight broke out with the sweep and the lane machine. After dragging the machine into the pit area the sweep gave up the ghost. What I have now is a sweep circuit issue. The motor will run when i use the table plug. The table motor will not run by using the sweep plug. Capacitors are good. C1 wires have all been checked for continuity. One thing I got was motor would run if I used the sweep reverse at BE control box. Motor just hums when I use sweep run or SA. I put the chassis from the adjoining lane onto it and got the same result. I put the chassis from the "bad" lane onto the adjoining lane and the sweep ran using SA. Later,I tried it again and it wouldn't run so now i have 2 lanes down. That makes me believe the problem is in the chassis? What could it be?

When a motor hums, it's because the start windings aren't in the circuit. There is a bad connection to the windings somewhere. The motor can't start on the run windings. The most common cause is the C1 Sockets on the machine side. With the power plug removed from the machine, check each socket with a pin and change the loose ones. These should be checked once per year on all machines.
    There! Try to NOT work now!

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I did check the sockets and actually changed a couple of them. I will be looking more into the start windings.I'm not very sharp when it comes to the electrical aspect of the machine but I will be attempting to figure it out. Any input will be appreciated.

Comment

When a C1 pin is damaged with heat or arks, the socket for it is most likely compromised as well. When you move the chassis to another lane, you are taking the bad pin and letting it damage its socket on the lane you moved it to. A good practice is to have a spare chassis that is only used temporarily as you repair that machine's chassis and put it back on the same lane.
        THat said, I'll ditto Bill's advice to service the C1. Replace both pin and sockets for the sweep circuit - 3rd row toward front - that even have a hint of having been hot. If you have sweep reverse from scoring, you will have to also look at the 4 wire positions on the bottom 2 rows, 2 and 3 positions from the rear.
        WHen you look at the sweep reverse switch, try to twist the faston connector on each 6 wire positions. it they are lose, change the switch. A lose one means it got hot and is now a bad connection. As tine goes on, the wire insulation will darken and get brittle.
        This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

"One thing I got was motor would run if I used the sweep reverse at BE control box. Motor just hums when I use sweep run or SA."

If the motor runs when you use the sweep reverse then the circuitry (capacitors and all) appears to be good as the circuitry runs through the same connections and wires. Take a look at the sweep reverse switch. As stated above, if the motor hums then it is likely due to the start winding not engaging and, by no coincidence, the circuitry for the start winding happens to run through the sweep reverse switch. Reversing current flow through the start winding is what reverses the motor. I don't think your looking at a bad chassis.

Comment

Thanks for your reply Ted. I am about to head into work and will be checking through C1 again. I did switch sweep reverse switches with the adjoining lane so that should be eliminated. I will report any progress .

Comment

Thanks exMech for replying. I have indeed eliminated chassis as the problem. Now I am thinking maybe the machine interface might be where its at because both lanes share.

Comment

Ok it isnt machine interface...

Comment

I changed out sweep reverse switch and now the motor will run through sweep run switch and by manually operating sweep relay but there is no cycle function and no SA. Also on the adjoining changing the sweep reverse switch didnt help. I will keep chasing.

Comment

So the original machine now works using the manual switches? When you say manually operating the relay, do you mean physically pushing on the contactor or do you mean by pushing the sweep switch on the control box?

Comment

I mean manually pushing the relay. Pushing the cycle button doesnt work. Machine will not cycle in normal instances.

Comment

So on the first machine, since the sweep motor will run using the sweep run switch, we can assume the sweep motor problem is fixed and now we have a new problem being that the machine now will not cycle which is not really related to the sweep motor problem other than it started during the course of trying to fix the sweep motor. Is that correct? Did you swap the chassis back to the original machines or is the good chassis still on the 1st machine?

On the second machine, are we also dealing with the sweep motor now not working at all, even from the sweep run switch, or is this machine also just having reset problems?

Did the good chassis get damaged during the test swap?

Comment

Everything you said in 1st part of your post is correct. As for the 2nd machine it still has the same problem as before. I changed SWSR and SWS but no change.

Comment

New twist on things. I took a chassis from the opposite end of the center and put it on machine 1. It now is up and running so the biggest issue has been solved. A bad sweep reverse switch. Apparently i have something not right with the chassis. The plot thickens.

Comment

I love a good mystery!
                              There! Try to NOT work now!

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
                              seems like pms were not done in a long time
                              and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
                              Working...
                              X