Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• table problems

One of my lanes is having trouble setting the back row of pins on spot. The other 6 are perfect but the back row is about 2 inches forward. Table can't go back any further not the cups. I've trying flagging it in multiple directions, I've checked that the table is level and even tried to offset it to correct this. Machine height is in spec, went through all machine adjustments in book. Frame isn't broken, I'm just at a loss. Called amf tech and all they could say was lightning rod. I changed it and it's still doing same thing. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Did this start happening all of a sudden? Maybe check the arm that hooks to the lightning rod for that row of cups and make sure the key is there or that the key didn't break or shear causing the shaft to turn in the arm.
    Experience: Currently Help Maintain 44 82-30s and 50 82-70s.

Comment

Ok I will check that first thing in the morning. Yes it was all of a sudden, fine yesterday when I left and league last night said it was dropping pins occasionally. Even at home position the cups seem to be tilted higher than the others.

Comment

Or the arm (Lever, actually) that Louie mentioned is bent. You had a pin jammed in the table that night right?
        There! Try to NOT work now!

Comment

Not sure, I'm the head/day mechanic. Must have happened during previous nights league. And they didn't write anything down

Comment

Key looks perfect, the lever doesn't look bent. I'm at a loss

Comment

If the key is ok then something must be bent or twisted I would guess. Bill is right, most likely a pin got jammed in the table. Maybe the shaft is twisted? You might have to start comparing it to the machine next to it by taking measurements and/or visually inspecting them to find out where exactly the problem is. I wouldn't think the lever could bend very easily since it's attached to the lightning rod which keeps it lined up. If a pin got jammed under one of the cups as they were turning the shaft could have gotten a little twisted. There isn't much else that controls the back row of cups turning other than the lightning rod, lever, and shaft so the answer has to be there somewhere. Good luck!
              Experience: Currently Help Maintain 44 82-30s and 50 82-70s.

Comment

What Louie said. Plus, you can't see a bent lever as just a tiny bit throws the pin cups way off. If the lever isn't loose, its pin and bushing are in good shape, then the lever is bent. It's not a guess, it's a fact. And it's not all that hard to change. And in case you didn't know, there's a inner lever and an outer lever. Make sure you have and install the correct one.

Comment

But what you could do is measure the distance between each of the link pins at each of the levers. They should all be the EXACT same distance apart. It just stands to reason, if everything else is ok, that the #4 lever is bent.

Comment

Check the slot on the shaft for wear. Also chech the groove inside the lever for wear. It doesn't take alot of play in this area to cause spotting problems.

Comment

You say easy to change but that still requires pulling the table so you can remove the back shaft. Or is there another way?

Comment

My apologies for my absentmindedness. It's been a very long time since I've pulled the #4 shaft. I thought you could position the table to a certain height and then slide the shaft through into the adjacent machine. If not, you don't have to remove the table, but you would have to remove the Yolk Assembly, which is a lot easier to do.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
                        seems like pms were not done in a long time
                        and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
                        Working...
                        X