Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• balls yoyoing at bottom of balllift

This has been a real problem especially with one pair of lanes. I have gripper uptrack rubbers etc installed. I have tried new ball lift belt, shocker, diferent tension on the ball lift, different positions of the ball lift, new thimbles, new liftpad assy with new rubbers, different ball lift etc etc etc. It happens with heavy balls that are oily but also have it happen occassionally with lighter balls especially if a disabililty bowler is bowling as they just don't seem to clean there balls. If we clean the ball it is ok for a few rames then happens again. I am at a lost to get this issue sorted & now at the point of replcong the metal sidewalls just in case when the secondhand ones were put in the holes are in the wrong place or something. I will also add this problem occurred after we got our kegel flex walker & it's not a issue with the kegel it cleans perfectly we haven't changed oil or started putting down any more oil.

There's not enough pressure being applied to the ball from the track rails and ball lift belt. And any number of things could cause this, but generally the distance between the belt and rails is too great. The rails can loosen up and spread apart? Maybe the original bend in the rails is gone? A broken track rail mounting bracket? Worn track rail covers? Things of that nature.

The adjustable ball lift support brackets (that are mounted to the ball lift's tube) are really nice and should take care of that issue. Or maybe you can shim between the track rail's lower mounting bracket and its mounting brackets (that are bolted to the kick backs) to get the track rails closer to the belt. A couple of thin "C" washers should do the trick.

Just a few things off the top of my head.
    There! Try to NOT work now!

Comment

Agreed with above.
      questions.

Is the ball actually spinning as it yo yo's? Or just bouncing up and down?

Which ball lift belt are you running?

How many units of oil is your program?

Comment

The ball turns but doesn't spin it doesn't get past the orange thimbles. They use to get about a third of the way up then just sit there with the belt slipping on it.
        Using the gripper ball lift belt
        22mls of oil
        Have tried adjusting the top bracket on the ball lift & it made it worse
        I might order some new uptrack rails & fit them see if it makes any differenece before ordering new sidewalls

Comment

I totally agree with Bill. I had the exact problem with a pair and I shimmed out the lift rods, problem solved.
          If it cant be fixed with a hammer, use a bowling pin.

Comment

I've also shimmed the rails at the lifter bracket.

Original PBL ball lifts used to have an adjustment where you could lower the bottom end of the lift by changing the extended shock length at the top. The new version eliminated that and now it's adjusted by a new upper bracket that has elongated mounting holes at the center tube.

I prefer the old system because it was easier to control the angle of the lift assembly in relation to the rails.

-- Larry

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Distributor Repair Kit

Has anyone installed a dist. repair kit ? Wanted to know if its a fix to the problem or just a brunswick brand Band-Aid....

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Wiring Problems

Had to do a service call at a friend's center as he was out of town. Seems Accelerator on 5 & 6 had quit. Breaker, (which fed 3 pairs), had not tripped, ohm check on motor...

Pins getting gouged

Has anyone ever had this problem of the pins getting gouged?
            I have one lane pair that is just chewing the pins up. There is nothing visibly sticking out on either lane...

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Pinsetter Procedures

Over the years I've compiled info in a 3-ring binder for quick reference. I decided to add a bunch to it and make one for a few of my friends including the rear-wall house. ...

Transformer Installation Instructions

Does anyone have the installation instructions for P/N: 12-862164-000 ?
            Working...
            X