Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90XLi MCU installation

Hi Guys,
    I’m helping at an install and can’t recall how to connect the MCU for the first XLi chassis. We are running 70XLi’s with Accuscore + scoring. Where does the home run cable go to? Does that go to the front desk? And what cable goesnfromnteb MCU in the workshop to the first XLi chassis?
    I was wondering is there an installation diagram somewhere of how these are hooked up?
    Regards,
    Brett
    AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Usually the MCU is located at the front desk, and will have an adapter box to connect to the desk computer.
    The homerun cable normally goes from the first chassis (lanes 1/2) to the front desk where the MCU is located.
    If the MCU is going to be in the workshop, then thats where the homerun cable should go.

This is for a Vector Plus install. Accuscore may be different.
    Last edited by Wookie8662; 05-18-2018, 11:38 AM. Reason: added info

Comment

The installation manual part number is 400-088-051

Comment

Here, the MCU is a stand alone unit. The "out" cable (Home Run) of the MCU goes directly to the "MCU in" of Chassis 1&2. "MCU out" of that chassis connects to the rest of the chassis' via daisy chains.
        There! Try to NOT work now!

Comment

What I’m confused about is the home run cable has an RJ45 socket on both ends, while I get that is what connects to the mcu how is that going to connect to the chassis? Is there another cable that converts RJ45 to serial?
          AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Either that, or it's not the correct home-run cable to suit that purpose.
            There! Try to NOT work now!

Comment

The only reason I assume there must be a converter cable is at my home venue in Sydney I have 1 cable coming from the MCU which has an RJ45 plug so what converts that to serial plug?
              And im currently in Brisbane helping on an install so I can’t have a “quick look” to see what my centre has.

Comment

The one install I did had a premade cable, with an RJ45 at one end, and a DB9 plug on the other end.
                Contact AMF and see if you can use a regular adapter on the chassis side of the cable.

Comment

The RJ45 home run cable plugs into the A on the bottom of the mcu. I’ll send you a pic of it tomorrow morning.

Peter

Comment

It is not an RJ45, it's called an SDL connector. SDL connectors aren't made any more.The cable goes from the MCU output to the first pinspotter chassis.then, daisy chained to the last pair, ending with a terminator in the last chassis. You can find a cable with an SDL connector and splice into it on the MCU side, and use a DB9 extension cable for the other end. It only uses 4 of the 9 wires. TX + and - and RX + and -.
                    This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Is there is an official QAMF part number for the cable ( or converter cable) that goes from the 1/2 XLi chassis to the MCU?

Comment

If the MCU you're installing is the USB version, the home run cable is 088000510. Installation instructions are on the portal, look for PN 400088051. If it is an older MCU, the HR cable PN is 088000104. It has a DB 9 plug on the pinspotter end and aan RJ-45 on the MCU end
                        Regards,

Billy T
                        bthompson@qubicaamf.us

Comment

Originally posted by BillyT4QAMF View Post
                          If the MCU you're installing is the USB version, the home run cable is 088000510. Installation instructions are on the portal, look for PN 400088051. If it is an older MCU, the HR cable PN is 088000104. It has a DB 9 plug on the pinspotter end and aan RJ-45 on the MCU end
                          Awesome thanks Billy, yeah sadly we have the older MCU, I’d love the USB MCU.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Distributor Repair Kit

Has anyone installed a dist. repair kit ? Wanted to know if its a fix to the problem or just a brunswick brand Band-Aid....

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Wiring Problems

Had to do a service call at a friend's center as he was out of town. Seems Accelerator on 5 & 6 had quit. Breaker, (which fed 3 pairs), had not tripped, ohm check on motor...

Pins getting gouged

Has anyone ever had this problem of the pins getting gouged?
                          I have one lane pair that is just chewing the pins up. There is nothing visibly sticking out on either lane...

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Pinsetter Procedures

Over the years I've compiled info in a 3-ring binder for quick reference. I decided to add a bunch to it and make one for a few of my friends including the rear-wall house. ...

Transformer Installation Instructions

Does anyone have the installation instructions for P/N: 12-862164-000 ?
                          Working...
                          X