Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pin_Head
    replied
    Thanks heaps Billy, you’re a dead set legend.

Leave a comment:

• BillyT4QAMF
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Pin_Head
    replied
    Thanks for that Billy, now to work out which pin locations they are on the DB9 plug

Leave a comment:

• BillyT4QAMF
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Pin_Head
    replied
    Is there a pinout diagram of that MCU cable that shows where the pins in the serial plug go to on the RJ45 plug?

Leave a comment:

• Pin_Head
    replied
    Yeah I did get a photo of my cable at my home venue and it to is white, black, space, white, blue. I tried going orange/white, orange, space, brown/white, brown but still says lanes offline.

Leave a comment:

• Bill LeMieux
    replied
    I'm not sure if this will help you any, but I have, looking at the back of the plug from right to left: WH-BK-Space-WH-BU. There is also another Home Run that's not being used, but has the same configuration: GR-RD-Space-BK-YL.

Leave a comment:

• Pin_Head
    replied
    Turns out they never sent us the cable that goes from the XLi chassis to the MCU, so I have an MCU that was cut by someone at the venue the stuff came from due to the installation they had. So the wires that come from the cable are orange/white, orange, brown/white, brown. How do they go into the RJ 45 plug ?

Leave a comment:

• Pin_Head
    replied
    Originally posted by BillyT4QAMF View Post
    If the MCU you're installing is the USB version, the home run cable is 088000510. Installation instructions are on the portal, look for PN 400088051. If it is an older MCU, the HR cable PN is 088000104. It has a DB 9 plug on the pinspotter end and aan RJ-45 on the MCU end
    Awesome thanks Billy, yeah sadly we have the older MCU, I’d love the USB MCU.

Leave a comment:

• BillyT4QAMF
    replied
    If the MCU you're installing is the USB version, the home run cable is 088000510. Installation instructions are on the portal, look for PN 400088051. If it is an older MCU, the HR cable PN is 088000104. It has a DB 9 plug on the pinspotter end and aan RJ-45 on the MCU end

Leave a comment:

• Pin_Head
    replied
    Is there is an official QAMF part number for the cable ( or converter cable) that goes from the 1/2 XLi chassis to the MCU?

Leave a comment:

• Ted
    replied
    It is not an RJ45, it's called an SDL connector. SDL connectors aren't made any more.The cable goes from the MCU output to the first pinspotter chassis.then, daisy chained to the last pair, ending with a terminator in the last chassis. You can find a cable with an SDL connector and splice into it on the MCU side, and use a DB9 extension cable for the other end. It only uses 4 of the 9 wires. TX + and - and RX + and -.

Leave a comment:

• Ausweegie
    replied
    The RJ45 home run cable plugs into the A on the bottom of the mcu. I’ll send you a pic of it tomorrow morning.

Peter

Leave a comment:

• Wookie8662
    replied
    The one install I did had a premade cable, with an RJ45 at one end, and a DB9 plug on the other end.
    Contact AMF and see if you can use a regular adapter on the chassis side of the cable.

Leave a comment:

• Pin_Head
    replied
    The only reason I assume there must be a converter cable is at my home venue in Sydney I have 1 cable coming from the MCU which has an RJ45 plug so what converts that to serial plug?
    And im currently in Brisbane helping on an install so I can’t have a “quick look” to see what my centre has.

Leave a comment:

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse