Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82-70 distributor problems

hey guys im having a problem with two of my pinspotters they are running fine through pins 1-3 then the dist. arm wont return the correct distance to place the #4 pin in its bin if i pull back on the arm it cycles to pin 5 then has the same issue with pin 6 I have removed and cleaned and roughed up the surfaces of the clutch plates it has a simplified clutch and re-installed the clutch and I have the same problem tighter or looser does not seem to matter. I also noticed that the distr. was moving side to side just a tiny bit I thought that the yoke on the motor was bent but it seems to track fine then i thought that the drive shaft was bent but it appears fine then I looked at the distr. drive shaft that runns the wheel that has the clutch I thought that it was the culprit but i changed the shaft and the same side to side pulsating if the entire distruibtor assembly its not much moovment but only one of my other machines have this movement while the backend is running i dont imagine that it is the drive shaft from the motor pushing on the shaft because of that shaft extends and contracts as the dist. moves side to side the only spring that I have not replaced on this dist. is the belt tightening spring under the dist. arm. what else could be making the distributor move side to side?

How does the u-joint look? is the joint loose?

Comment

Those simplified clutches are temperamental things. If you have an original clutch try putting that back on to eliminate anything further than just the clutch. Also check to make sure all the hardware is tight on the support. It maybe possible one of the bearings inside the post could be dead.

Peter

Comment

If you pull back on the distributor at the 4 pin position and it goes to the 5 pin position (like you said it's doing), you have a real problem. But I think you meant to say the 7 pin position. (It's hard for this old guy to decipher one really long sentence anyway) If that's the case, you simply do not have enough pressure on the clutch for it to drive the distributor from the 4-7, and 6-10 pin positions. Or, the nylon carriage rollers are too tight.

I'm not sure what you mean by the distributor has side movement. Especially since you said it works fine in the 1-3 pin positions. If you get distributor sway going from the 3 to 2 position, that would indicate that the distributor drive shaft is bottoming out in the drive housing. Which would indicate the distributor is leaning one way or the other on its support post. Or you could simply have loose spring posts on the back of the distributor support.

Remove the two springs from the back of the distributor, and also the drive shaft. If the distributor swings to one side or the other fairly quickly, that is, it does not stay at the head pin position, the distributor is not level, so the drive shaft will bottom out in the housing. That will cause swaying at the 2 pin position, and also, to a lessor degree, from the 5 to 6 pin positions.

Sorry I didn't make this into one very long sentence. I hope you can understand it anyway.
        There! Try to NOT work now!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill LeMieux View Post
          If you pull back on the distributor at the 4 pin position and it goes to the 5 pin position (like you said it's doing), you have a real problem. But I think you meant to say the 7 pin position. (It's hard for this old guy to decipher one really long sentence anyway) If that's the case, you simply do not have enough pressure on the clutch for it to drive the distributor from the 4-7, and 6-10 pin positions. Or, the nylon carriage rollers are too tight.

I'm not sure what you mean by the distributor has side movement. Especially since you said it works fine in the 1-3 pin positions. If you get distributor sway going from the 3 to 2 position, that would indicate that the distributor drive shaft is bottoming out in the drive housing. Which would indicate the distributor is leaning one way or the other on its support post. Or you could simply have loose spring posts on the back of the distributor support.

Remove the two springs from the back of the distributor, and also the drive shaft. If the distributor swings to one side or the other fairly quickly, that is, it does not stay at the head pin position, the distributor is not level, so the drive shaft will bottom out in the housing. That will cause swaying at the 2 pin position, and also, to a lessor degree, from the 5 to 6 pin positions.

Sorry I didn't make this into one very long sentence. I hope you can understand it anyway.
          bill though I am sure you have a lot of fine information your post is rude and condescending. I came for help and you just insult my post for punctuation if this is your normal mode of operation please refrain from responding to my posts

Comment

the u joint is fine, the driveshaft is not bottoming out it has plenty of throw between the at both ends on the 7 and 10 pin position

Comment

one issue is the trip rod, it seems to be catching on something and making the next trip more than the weight of the pin will trip the next indexing, particularly on the 1 pin and if i loosen the clutch it has more problems indexing the 4 and 6 pins but lessens the pressure required to trip the indexing, if i tighten the clutch it has less problems indexing but increases the pressure required to trip the next indexing.

Comment

Well sir, if you can't take a little ribbing at your horrible use of the English language...
                I apologize. And I also WILL refrain from responding to your posts if that's your normal mode of operation, and attitude.
                There! Try to NOT work now!

Comment

If you can remove the distributor and work in it in the workshop. I find it so much easier when you can walk around it and pull it back and forth looking for where it is binding. Those simplified clutches are evil in my opinion. If you can put one of the original clutches back on it will make life easier for yourself.

Comment

Is the trip stop bracket bent? 070-006-084

Comment

Make sure the flag is not actually rubbing on the clutch plate.

Comment

Hello again all, I have an update, I found 2 bad ecentric rollers, 1 bent carriage tube, 1 extremely worn stop tab and 2 bad bumpers

thank you for all your suggestions and help this seemed to be a perfect storm of maintenance not done for many years, and a new to bowling centers mechanic with only 2 days of formal training.
                        at this time all 8 of our pinspotters are running well and I am a happy mechanic.

now on to the scoring system...

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

The New Brunswick NXT

Best Pinsetter on the market today

Distributor Repair Kit

Has anyone installed a dist. repair kit ? Wanted to know if its a fix to the problem or just a brunswick brand Band-Aid....

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Wiring Problems

Had to do a service call at a friend's center as he was out of town. Seems Accelerator on 5 & 6 had quit. Breaker, (which fed 3 pairs), had not tripped, ohm check on motor...

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Pinsetter Procedures

Over the years I've compiled info in a 3-ring binder for quick reference. I decided to add a bunch to it and make one for a few of my friends including the rear-wall house. ...

Transformer Installation Instructions

Does anyone have the installation instructions for P/N: 12-862164-000 ?
                        Working...
                        X