Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5" reduction pulley

I am wanting to install the 5" pulleys on some of my 90xli's, but u dont know where to start. Amf sells an adjustable pulley that I can buy but what else do I need to do. Do I need to get a different sized belt? Do I need to remove belt to put new pulley on? I see a lot of posts talking about them but not actually any procedures. I work on a military base where they control the temp, which means they turn it off at night and crank it right before we open. It's so humid at times bc of this that I'm have orientation problems(sticky pins,etc.). My thought is by slowing everything down I would have less calls. Thanks in advance.

This is from a Brunswick post but I'm pretty sure you'll find whatever you need here at a reasonable cost. They are also very good quality.

Pulley 2.9.pdf

ALL Files Scanned with MALWAREBYTES PREMIUM Version 3.5.1.2522 and AVAST INTERNET SECURITY Version 18.4.2338
    Everything has to be Somewhere !!

Comment

If you have XLi's with pinwheels, the pinwheels are to blame for orientation issues not their speed. They were made so poorly that it's impossible to get consistent pin orientation. And it is my opinion that if you slow them down you will increase your problems, not decrease them. The best you can hope for is to replace any Orientation Pans that got distorted from all the pin jams, and keep a good non-slick distributor belt on the distributor. Just my two cents worth.
      There! Try to NOT work now!

Comment

I bought one of the adjustable pulleys and installed it on my 90’s. I removed a couple days later. I found the best away to slow the pins down was to adjust the pin guide rail (kidney). Maybe install belt rises on the dizzy belt. Those pulleys are not worth the money in my opinion

Comment

I put 5" pulleys on my 70s. I bought them from EBN and they are just a straight 5" pulley and not adjustable so no variance in size. Replace the B190 belts with B188 and adjusted from there. Keep your pans and kidneys clean and no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill LeMieux View Post
            If you have XLi's with pinwheels, the pinwheels are to blame for orientation issues not their speed. They were made so poorly that it's impossible to get consistent pin orientation. And it is my opinion that if you slow them down you will increase your problems, not decrease them. The best you can hope for is to replace any Orientation Pans that got distorted from all the pin jams, and keep a good non-slick distributor belt on the distributor. Just my two cents worth.
            i tend to disagree sorry Bill, I have XLi’s with pinwheels and found so many issues went away when I slowed my pinwheels down using 5” pulleys I found they ran so much better. Not so much an orientation issue but I found allowed better spacing between pins and allowed the dizzy more time from pin to pin.
            AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

When you installed the pulley on the 90xlis did you have to change the belt?

Comment

I don’t think you’d need to change the belt. You may need to adjust how the belt tensioner sits but apart from that the belt should be fine.

Comment

No I didn’t change any of my belts, I still run the 190” belts, it would work with either the 190 or 188 belts.
                  AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse