Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotting solenoid issue

I’m having a problem with the spotting solenoid, it works when it wants too. I have an idea what could be, I changed wires to solenoid, I’ve replaced solenoid and chassis. I checked wires in wireway. I basically did all but I’m a little lost. And I know it’ll be something simple. I have MPs. I feel bad on this because I know it’s something simple, thanks yall
    IT'S CARNIVAL TIME!!!

You verified it's the solenoid itself and not the mechanisms connected to it jamming the system?
    There! Try to NOT work now!

Comment

Yes, because I changed solenoid and it worked for a while and then nothing. Today it happened once and did fine after with no problems
      IT'S CARNIVAL TIME!!!

Comment

Then, I went through all of the mechanisms and wiring, even the C1 for spotting wires too
        IT'S CARNIVAL TIME!!!

Comment

"It works when it wants to" is not very descriptive of the issue. Let's start over. Instead of telling us what you think the problem is, tell us what you find when you get to the machine. Where is the sweep? Where is the table? Where are all twenty pins? What ball cycle is the machine in (first or second)? Answer those four questions and we'll get this figured out for you.

Comment

On all four questions, the machine runs normal, sweep runs and stops fine, table runs and stops fine, and on first and second ball, pins are in the bins. The spotting solenoid works fine til it doesn’t work at all. My problem is the spotting solenoid, works fine and then it just will quit working. I’m just trying to figure out why it does this. I’m going through all of the wireway dealing with the spotting solenoid. Thanks
            IT'S CARNIVAL TIME!!!

Comment

Since you changed the Chassis that would indicate the issue is with the machine. Since it's a sporadic issue I would suspect a loose connection to the solenoid. Perhaps the pins or sockets in the C1 plug for the solenoid are able to push out of their holes in the C1 block? That would give you a connection, but not a very good one. ???

Comment

When you say it quits working, what do you do to get it working again?

If it's an intermittent issue ( works fine awhile and then doesn't set pins once, you clear it and all is good for awhile once again).

Intermittent spotting due to solenoid not engaging? Since you ruled out the chassis and solenoid. I would look at two places... The table could be over running zero intermittently causing the linkage for the table drive being too far forward when the solenoid engages, not allowing the solenoid to release the table drive to spot. The only way to catch this is place a camera or have lunch on the machine and watch .

If that is indeed the case, Check your table switches, connections and check your table motor.

Comment

Bill and East, I’m going to do that right now and I’ll keep yall updated
                  IT'S CARNIVAL TIME!!!

Comment

Just to clarify when you say the solenoid isn’t working, does that mean it’s not energising at all? As in the plunger is not even trying to move? Or is it energising but not engaging the othe mechanisms properly?
                    AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Pinhead, It’ll engage then it won’t. All mechanisms are working fine. It’s not the chassis, solenoid, and I went thru C1 and c2 plugs
                      IT'S CARNIVAL TIME!!!

Comment

Would yall think a ground could have an issue to it?
                        IT'S CARNIVAL TIME!!!

Comment

Let me ask you this.

When you get the call is there pins in the cups? If so then your solenoid is most likely engaging properly. And your table is intermittently over running zero

Comment

Originally posted by East View Post
                            Let me ask you this.

When you get the call is there pins in the cups? If so then your solenoid is most likely engaging properly. And your table is intermittently over running zero
                            Yea.... that’s where I was heading with my questions.
                            AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

No pins in cups, the solenoid in not powering. I run machine and nothing of solenoid, Then it’ll work, then nothing, power wise
                              IT'S CARNIVAL TIME!!!

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

The New Brunswick NXT

Best Pinsetter on the market today

Distributor Repair Kit

Has anyone installed a dist. repair kit ? Wanted to know if its a fix to the problem or just a brunswick brand Band-Aid....

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Wiring Problems

Had to do a service call at a friend's center as he was out of town. Seems Accelerator on 5 & 6 had quit. Breaker, (which fed 3 pairs), had not tripped, ohm check on motor...

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Pinsetter Procedures

Over the years I've compiled info in a 3-ring binder for quick reference. I decided to add a bunch to it and make one for a few of my friends including the rear-wall house. ...

Transformer Installation Instructions

Does anyone have the installation instructions for P/N: 12-862164-000 ?
                              Working...
                              X