Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pins too far forward

I've worked through the AMF manual, checked machine height, checked its relation to 7-10 line. Leveled the table.Set the toe. Flagged to proper spot according to flags and it was way forward. Reflagged and set each flag 1/2 inch behind the spot. They are still forward. Any advice would be appreciated. Btw I have the 90xli's.

What do you mean you’ve set the flags 1/2” behind the spot? The point on the flag needs to be dead center of the 1-7-10 pin spots.

Also do once you’ve lowered the table to spot height to check level, when you’re getting the table 6” off the deck are you winding the table BACKWARDS as that is critical. If you wind it forward it throws everything out. Only asking cuz I’ve seen that done many times.
    AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

According to the manual I have to do the leveling at bdc. Use the pinspotter gauge under screw heads. But yes my flags were 1/2 in. behind pin spots.

Comment

Why did you check all that stuff in the first place?
        There! Try to NOT work now!

Comment

Have you got steel or alloy tables?

Comment

Steel, working through all my lanes. Inspections coming up and I noticed this particular lane was not on spot. It's not a normal league lane for us so I have to admit I dont tend to notice these things unless machine is having calls

Comment

Is it all of the pins? Or just some? If it’s some check your lightning rod to make sure the actuator pins are ok. If it’s ok flag your table back in the spots and get the level and height right. Now I check the squareness of the legs at 8” off the deck. I’ve never really had these move but it’s always good to check. When you get it down to check the gap I set it to so that I can just see light going through it. Hope this helps

Comment

Pins don't get off their spots for no reason. If nothing loosened up and changed an adjustment that is. So what you're trying to do is adjust around bent parts. These machines (both the 70's and 90's) are famous for the bending of the spot/respot link assembly's pivot shaft, and the #1 yoke lever. Both will put the pins ahead of their spots. That is, unless your link assembly's pins and bearings are worn like Ausweegie suggested.

Comment

90 XLI spotting too far forward all pins? Bent pivot shaft.

Comment

Ok I'll check those out

Comment

Uh brain fart, I remember having to change one a few years back for the same reason. Pivot shaft that is. I remember those springs being a pain to take off and put back on. Any tips for this?

Comment

Take them off when in respot position. Brace a knee against the respot arm while pulling the spring with a spring puller. Give it a twist to remove the spring hanger from its pin. Have the spring hanger pin's nut with just one turn left on the threads.

Comment

Let us know how you get on

Comment

Do you need to remove both the spot rod and respot rod. When it respot mode, the spring for respot rod is in a place where I cant get spring puller in.

Comment

Never mind, got it

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

The New Brunswick NXT

Best Pinsetter on the market today

Distributor Repair Kit

Has anyone installed a dist. repair kit ? Wanted to know if its a fix to the problem or just a brunswick brand Band-Aid....

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Wiring Problems

Had to do a service call at a friend's center as he was out of town. Seems Accelerator on 5 & 6 had quit. Breaker, (which fed 3 pairs), had not tripped, ohm check on motor...

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Pinsetter Procedures

Over the years I've compiled info in a 3-ring binder for quick reference. I decided to add a bunch to it and make one for a few of my friends including the rear-wall house. ...

Transformer Installation Instructions

Does anyone have the installation instructions for P/N: 12-862164-000 ?
                              Working...
                              X