Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82-90xl Silver Chassis Relays

Can someone tell me the purpose of solid state relays K5 through K8 on the "small" silver 82-90xl chassis?

I believe 2 of them control the pit lights for odd and even lanes. But which?

Is there a schematic for this chassis available somewhere? We have piles of these chassis here in the back, a few of them seem to have only minor issues that I would like to fix in-house.

Try going on to the QAMF portal and downloading the chassis manual.

Peter

Comment

I don't think they want people digging around in these by themselves anymore so they don't publish the schematics for them. At least I've never found one and there have been others on here searching as well with apparently no success. I, of course, feel that if you own the equipment, you have the right to fix it so I don't agree with this policy. But if you find the schematic, please let me know.

None the less, you have working chassis so a little investigative work should net you the results. At the very least you should be able to feel when a relay turns on so when you turn one light on you should feel one relay click and when you turn the other on, the other relay should click. If you can't feel them you could take voltage measurements at the relay contacts or trace them to the terminating points.

Let me know if you need help tracing these out.

Comment

All they want us to change on the chassis is the fuses for the spot solenoid and the pit light. Not to mention the premium the sting you for the fuse itself

Peter

Comment

We don't have the schematics for any later model chassis. What you do with a chassis once it's out of warranty is up to you.
          Regards,

Billy T
          bthompson@qubicaamf.us

Comment

Pull one out and see what doesn't come on.
            I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

If I'm following the discussion correctly, the relays in question (K5-K8) are the ones that reside on the main PC board inside the chassis?? I had a chassis fry one of these relays but fortunately had some spares laying around. They simply plug right into the board (I learned this the hard way) and are held in place by a small plate.

Will try to remember tomorrow and see if I can get the proper numbers for the part.

-- Larry

Comment

Finally found the bag those relays were in....

Part number is 755-520-074, Relay 1.5A - High Surge

Whether or not QAMF has this item available directly is the question.

The relay itself is Crydom CY5688

Crydom is now known as Sensata Technologies. So some digging may be needed to find an up to date part number.

-- Larry

Comment

Give QAMF a shout the part number should be cross referenced. That’s if they still stick it

Comment

This is still a good part number, but there are currently none in stock
                    Regards,

Billy T
                    bthompson@qubicaamf.us

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse