Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90 ball detector position

evening all,

today i I moved the ball detectors to behind the down sweep to remove the intermittent issue with the bumpers triggering the lanes.
    Everything went well put the detectors into mode 1 and it works a treat...... until I run the sweep on manual mode. After I run it back to zero the pinsptter cycles. Is there something I can do to prevent this from happening? I can’t think of how to prevent this so this is why I’m passing it to you for some thought and pondering.

Cheers,

Peter

The ball detector needs to be set for zero delay. Not sure what you mean by mode 1
    Regards,

Billy T
    bthompson@qubicaamf.us

Comment

In the manual it states there is mode 1 for no delay and mode 2 has 7 time delays. I’ve got the detector heads dipswitches at 1 on, 2 on & 3 on as stipulated in the manual. If I didn’t have it set correctly it would be continuously cycling.
      It works perfectly until I go to sweep the decks to do my lanes and the lane cycles over

Peter

Comment

I've had the same issue that pops up at times. However I found if I hold the sweep run button down until the sweep gets physically back to zero it rarely will recycle.

-- Larry

Comment

I was playing around with it yesterday and it seems to be happy not cycling if I wipe the decks by pushing the sweep reverse button, but I’m not entirely happy doing that.

Peter

Comment

Peter, any chance of moving the detectors forward some so the sweep doesn't trigger them?
            There! Try to NOT work now!

Comment

It might run out into the back of the downsweep. It’s no biggie as my lane machine is a summit so I’m not spraying to clean lanes. It’s just more of an inconvenience to be honest.

Peter

Comment

I also have had the same issues and once I moved the ball detects out beyond the sweeps all the problems went away. I mounted mine on the down sweep covers and then had to adjust the delay on them so the machine would not cycle too fast when slow balls are thrown.
                If it cant be fixed with a hammer, use a bowling pin.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLegend View Post
                  I've had the same issue that pops up at times. However I found if I hold the sweep run button down until the sweep gets physically back to zero it rarely will recycle.
                  I’ve managed to get the sweeps to stop at zero after wiping the decks so it’s no longer an issue for me. Cheers for the tip

Peter

Comment

Peter: Can you give a little more detail of what you did to resolve this. It looks like others may be plagued by this as well and your information may help them out.

I know that in Mode 1 the chassis rejects all additional signals until 1/4 second after the sweep leaves 2nd guard position. So with this in mind, it seams like the beam was probably being broken after this delay. The conversion documents also talk about special requirements for locating the beam if it must be behind the sweep. Is this what you did to resolve your issue?

Comment

Ex Mech I’ve not done anything else than what the manual states for the detector head which is numbers 1,2 & 3 set to ON on the dip switches. I’ve screwed the reflectors right on the bottom edge of the kickback screwed a block of wood to the double division kickback the adjusted the detector head accordingly. It’s only when your running the sweep will you run into issues but if you remove the detector head power from the pair your working on you won’t have any issues.
                      Im only getting a very intermittent ghost cycle on one of the pairs but I’m yet to track down it’s cause. Screwing into the kickback has made everything a load better as there is no play in anything
                      id recommend doing it at least start with a pair and see if you like it. I’ve got a spare detector so I used that and left the original setup there just in case of failure but it’s going strong so far.

Hope this helps,

Peter

Comment

Was just going back through the 90XL manual and saw a couple of things.

For Mode 1 operation (No Delay, switches all ON) the detector needs to be mounted where the sweep blocks the beam while at guard. The detector will not issue a cycle signal for any disruption of the beam longer than 2 seconds (for Mode 2), for which the sweep usually does at 270 guard. I had an issue once where a machine was periodically recycling on its own and it turned out the sweep was stopping just short of 270 guard and once it broke the beam going to zero it would cycle the pinspotter again.

When you run the sweep manually to sweep pins the sweep passes through the beam too quickly, and the detector will send a signal to cycle.... the following paragraph comes from the 90XL Operations Manual and describes how the pinspotter handles this...

"The chassis will not accept a detection signal until a 1/4 second after the sweep leaves the 2nd guard position. If the sweep breaks the ball detector beam as it starts up, the detector senses it as if it was a ball and sends a detection signal to the chassis without any delay (in Mode 1). Since the chassis receives the signal within the .25 second time period discussed above, it ignores the signal and does not cycle te machine. Without this feature the sweep could cause a continuous recycling of the machine."

I would presume that what is going on is the chassis is getting the detector signal just after that 1/4 second. Why?? Not sure. Off the top of my head it could be a cam switch adjustment is off slightly...... or the sweep is sagging on one side a little causing the bean interruption to last longer than it should.??
                        -- Larry

Comment

After many weeks of playing about I’ve had to move the detector back to the original position. Was getting ghost cycling when pins hit the kickback hard. After cleaning up the pit lights I decided enough is enough. The only way I can see it working there is it was independent of being screwed to the kickback. This is one of those unfortunately I failed moments. Luckily I didn’t do the whole house

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse