Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweep motor drift westinghouse

I have a few problems with sweep drift. After looking thru some previous posts i would like more info on Kings strap method, or how it is done.
    thanks
    Terry

That is just a cover up and rig job. The best thing to do is pull the gearbox and tighten it up. Remove the end cap carefully and take out a shim or two. Reseal the end cap and put the gearbox back on. Your minor drift should be gone. That is if it is really the gearbox causing the drift. Could be a bad contactor or burnt pins in the C1 plug.

Comment

The strap method is such a time saver. The strap does the same thing as pulling gearbox apart and spending hours with repairs. I installed straps at a 10 lane center and all coasting was immediately solved and the straps last for years. I used Stahls 6 hole cushion facing for my straps. I think I cut mine about 1/4" wide by about 5 or 6 inches long, took a soldering iron and made holes at the ends, installed it through holes in gearbox and zip tied in the front. If you look at your gearbox you will see your rotor shaft through the opening and that's what the strap goes around.
      If it cant be fixed with a hammer, use a bowling pin.

Comment

I disagree, don't like changing shims unless you have play. This is a pain, but with these gearboxes getting old, when they're apart change the pin bushings for the planetary gears. A patch can get you through, put a proper repair saves you in the long run.
        Manufacturers of idiot proof products often underestimate the ingenuity of idiots!

Comment

Use the strap method will you pull shims out you create slack and you’ll tear the keyway out of the worm gear before you know it these are old motors and they’re worn out this is from 40+ years of experience

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Oil in gutters

I have a Kustodian ion Lane machine. I have recently replaced the oil tip assembly and hose. Recently I have been noticing about every couple feet in the gutters I am getting...

C1 Pinout drawing

Finished the C1 drawing.

The base for this came from a drawing made by Felix dated 2006.

Thanks Felix.

If you see any...

CCD Processor Move by Masternut

These are pictures submitted by "MASTERNUT" of a project in his bowling center where he moved his CCD processor boards from the location on the capping to the curtain...
          Working...
          X