Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweep Coasting

I have a Westinghouse combo motor that is coasting... a lot. I checked the resistors in the wire channel and they're fine, I replaced the capacitors as the previous mechanic put ones in it that were too big, and I swapped the motor with another one and it got a little better but not a ton. Ideas?
    Experience: We currently maintain 12 AMF 82-70's

Mechanical or solid state switch on the stator or contactor in the SS/MP chassis. Most times it's the contactor especially if they ore old. Larger capacitors are generally ok, but not smaller ones...

Comment

Solid state on the motor. Part 610-309-044

Comment

So you swapped motors, gearbox as well? So is it a head, gearbox or machine problem?

Manufacturers of idiot proof products often underestimate the ingenuity of idiots!

Comment

We did not swap the gearbox. Haven't looked at the coasting issue in a while. Will probably change out the gearbox this weekend.

Comment

I would hazard a guess to say your gearbox is slack and needs rebuilding hey.
            AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

The SS switches are notorious for causing motor coast.

Comment

Have you tried swapping the chassis to see if it's a switch board problem? Also ohm out the windings in the motor. For a Westinghouse you should read about 4.7 & 1.9 ohms.

I had one set of windings measuring 4.7 & 4.8 ohms, and on a sweep it would coast a good 4-5 seconds past where it should stop.

Comment

I've found that, most often, if you have a sweep coast issue its in the chassis sweep/table relay (Braking circuit). Sometimes it's the pegs on the C1 plug row 4 (top) and/or the associated start coil pegs in row 2. They get burnt out due to too much amperage.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

MONITOR COLOR ISSUE!!

my appologies if Ive posted this in the wrong area, this is my second post on this site, Ive got a 10 lane center ( 5 pairs ) and on lanes 3&4, I am having a problem with...

Oil in gutters

I have a Kustodian ion Lane machine. I have recently replaced the oil tip assembly and hose. Recently I have been noticing about every couple feet in the gutters I am getting...

C1 Pinout drawing

Finished the C1 drawing.

The base for this came from a drawing made by Felix dated 2006.

Thanks Felix.

If you see any...

CCD Processor Move by Masternut

These are pictures submitted by "MASTERNUT" of a project in his bowling center where he moved his CCD processor boards from the location on the capping to the curtain...
                  Working...
                  X