Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st/2nd ball light

I have a machine that intermittently will glitch during a cycle.

Scenario 1. I watched the bowler throw their 1st ball, machine ran sweep to 1st gaurd, table runs and picks up pins, sweep runs through to 2nd gaurd, table respots pins, as sweep and table run home 2nd ball light comes on for a second and goes back off. Bowler throws 2nd ball and machine completes normal 1st ball cycle and is now on second ball with standing pins. Scoring worked fine, but next bowler has to push the ball return cycle.

Scenario 2. I watched bowler throw 1st ball and normal 1st ball cycle. Bowler throws 2nd ball and normal 2nd ball cycle but after spotting pins machine does not switch to 1st ball. 2nd bowler bowls 1st ball on the lane, but machine is on 2nd ball. Machine completes normal 2nd ball cycle, so lane did not score and a respot is required.

This seems to happen at random and not very often but does anyone know where i can start looking?

What version of pinspotter?

Comment

IIRC.... On the 82/70ss I used to be able to trick the solid state chassis into shifting ball cycles by flicking the TA1 and SA switches simultaneously. If he's got the solid state chassis there might be a little bounce in the cam switches.

-- Larry

Comment

Are all the pins ok on the PM plug both machine and plug sides. If you shift the chassis does the issue move with it?

Comment

Amf 8270 with solid state chassis
          ill try swapping chassis to see if it stays on the lane or follows chassis

Comment

After swapping the chassis the problem did not follow the chassis or stay with the lane.The green plug may have been a little loose or had a bad connection.
            Does anyone know where I can get the tool and pins to replace the pins in the green plug?

Comment

Sometimes it just needs a wiggle. On the 15 years I worked on SS chassis I never needed to replace a single pin. Glad you fixed the issue.

Peter

Comment

It's been nearly 25 years since I last repaired an ELCO connector,

QAMF may still have the pins available but Billy will have to answer that one.

IIRC..... ELCO connectors however use the same fork shaped pin on both sides of the connection. Think of it as two forks joined together with one rotated 90 degrees to the other. Over time the fork end of those pins get spread apart a little and lose their connection. I would take the corner of the blade of a small flat screwdriver and pry the two sides of the fork into each other a little, then re-seat the connector.

On rare occasions though one have of the fork would break off and I'd need to replace the pin. A flat bladed jeweler's screw driver (I think) can be used to pop the pin out fo the block, but as I said it's been a very long time since I've worked on one.

-- Larry

Comment

I have had wires break off the back side of the elco plug. Most cases, I have soldered the wire back on. In one case i replaced the plug by soldering wires to the motherboard and making my own plug using an old table respot plug and the same pins as the C1 and C2A plugs.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLegend View Post
                    It's been nearly 25 years since I last repaired an ELCO connector,

QAMF may still have the pins available but Billy will have to answer that one.

IIRC..... ELCO connectors however use the same fork shaped pin on both sides of the connection. Think of it as two forks joined together with one rotated 90 degrees to the other. Over time the fork end of those pins get spread apart a little and lose their connection. I would take the corner of the blade of a small flat screwdriver and pry the two sides of the fork into each other a little, then re-seat the connector.

On rare occasions though one have of the fork would break off and I'd need to replace the pin. A flat bladed jeweler's screw driver (I think) can be used to pop the pin out fo the block, but as I said it's been a very long time since I've worked on one.
                    Usually when asked about this, I point folks to google to search for ELCO. A bunch of stuff comes up
                    Regards,

Billy T
                    bthompson@qubicaamf.us

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse