• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pins not on spot

Does not spot pins on spot.
    table has been flagged.
    table and frame height are correct.
    table is level front 1/16th lower than the rear.
    when I do the book adjustments I adjust the spot rod to get the 1/16th gap on the screw it moves the pins almost a full inch forward.
    Could this part be on backwards causing that?
    Sometimes we have to do stuff to get by....Just go back and do it right when the "by" has passed!!

Yes, that will do it. Pins will not spot if the part is the wrong way round.

I gather you just recently worked on this?

Table should be level all the way round - ideally (when empty with no pins) the back should just be slightly higher than the front, so that when filled with pins it will be level.

Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

They will spot right now we just cant get them close to the spot. Good thing is they are all equal offspot so it still looks right.
      Sometimes we have to do stuff to get by....Just go back and do it right when the "by" has passed!!

Comment

Don’t think I’m having a wise crack or trying to be offensive but I was confused by table is level 1/16 lower at the front, wouldn’t that then make it not level? Just sayin’
        AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

I have a similar problem with this. The part mentioned being backwards...Is there a way to tell which way is right. I was just making all kind of mods in the adjustments to make them work on spot. I think they are like this in all of my machines. I have done it by the book and then end up readjusting the spot rod to get the cups further back and I still have pins that have to maxed out on the rearward adjustment. When i go in tomorrow i plan on checking that out. It might add 50 table adjustments to my work list.

Comment

See the attachments... When holding the actuator arm horizontally, the cutout for the keyway should be above the centerline of the actuator arm, facing outside on the #1 shaft
            Attached Files
            Regards,

Billy T
            [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Pin_Head View Post
              Don’t think I’m having a wise crack or trying to be offensive but I was confused by table is level 1/16 lower at the front, wouldn’t that then make it not level? Just sayin’
              Wise crack or not you are correct. We got it to level then dropped the front 1/16th as the book says it should be. I worded that funny above.

And I dont take as a wisecrack.

Comment

Originally posted by smurtland View Post

Wise crack or not you are correct. We got it to level then dropped the front 1/16th as the book says it should be. I worded that funny above.

And I dont take as a wisecrack.
                Ahh ok, so how’d ya go with that spotting issue?
                AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse