Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning pin elevators!

I'm really wanting to clean up my pin elevators on my 90xl's... They haven't really had some TLC in a long time. I'm curious, how do you all clean up your elevators??? Right now the majority are a nice mix of brown and dull silver.. The pin cleats have crud all built up around them.... Would I be looking to make them shiny again by getting my scrub on? I can imagine the pins would seat better in the pockets if there wasn't stuff all over the place built up. Wouldn't a shiny clean wheel cause the pins to slide out early?

I was thinking about some scuff pads and a good cleaner/degreaser? And just scrubbing the crap out of them... I don't know if I would scratch them up and if that would affect anything??

Thanks all in advance for the advice!!

I just use a small amount of lane cleaner that I have left over from filling the lane machine and use a green scourer on the pin wheels. Some will clean up perfectly some don’t. As long as they are clean you’ll get the desired result

Peter

Comment

Ausweegie
      Thanks for your input friend! Just real curious what other people do. I took some alcohol and a scour pad to my elevator on 49. Waffle belt got damaged so it "tarred" up everything so i got a nice result on that elevator. Some of the brown came off.. Cleats cleaned up nice. Went and installed a tan supergrip belt from A1 to test. So far... Digging the performance of that belt. Only been about half a day but I like how it pulls the pins away from the pan yet still giving good resistance if i try and push a pin back from the indexing forks.

Comment

When they are covered in a thick old built layer of crud and rust, in the past what I've done is give em a spray with something like Simple Green and put a wire brush on a hand drill and keep going over the pinwheel with that rotary wire brush. That also works fantastic on O pans as well.
        AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• jas
          new pins
          by jas
          ok guys put new pins in the other day amf 70s amflite 2s cant get the fing things to orient on the dist pan im going nuts with pjs seems like head first the pin fall off to late...
          02-29-2004, 06:53 PM
        • eddie
          Pin Cleaning
          by eddie
          Hey guys,

What are some of you guys using to wash pins?I have AMF pins and they told me not to use there cleaner.They told me just to use a little liquid dish soap...
          10-03-1998, 11:57 PM
        • radar727
          silly question
          by radar727
          what is the best way to clean pins when i had twister pins i use plastic scotch brite they were clean never got dirty after that plus i use degreaser and dawn together now my...
          10-06-2013, 06:18 PM
        • Merlijn
          Best pin to use
          by Merlijn
          Hi guys,

I don't know if this is the right place to post this topic, but here it comes...

Our pins need to be replaced soon, but i'm not sure which...
          07-08-2006, 04:56 AM
        • PJ
          Pin wipes
          by PJ
          05-06-2015, 06:27 AM

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Elevator & Pits

All this work just to clean under the elevator !!??? LOL A friend is replacing a number of his elevators as the left hand triangle plate brackets are breaking. Rather than...

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Ball Wheel Belt Question

A friend was looking at his ball wheel belt which stated it was 208" long, (Pic 1). He was pretty sure that it is a B205 belt which should be 205" long. The answer...

MONITOR COLOR ISSUE!!

my appologies if Ive posted this in the wrong area, this is my second post on this site, Ive got a 10 lane center ( 5 pairs ) and on lanes 3&4, I am having a problem with...

Pin spot is off

I'm currently working at a 38 Lane center. Of those 38 lanes only a few are having this issue.

I'm currently trying to get all the lanes to have perfect pin spots...

Idler shaft

One of our lanes has a bad bearing assembly for the distributor pulley. The idler shaft that the pulleys sit on has been damaged where it sits on the bearing. I took the assembly...
        Working...
        X