Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd lane pit cushion gets stuck back

Lane 3 in the center keeps having this issue where the pit cushion will get stuck back. The ball gets caught "under" the cushion, and then the pit stops and the pinsetter keeps cycling. If you push the cushion forward, then everything clears up.
    Experience: We currently maintain 12 AMF 82-70's

My first thought would be a broken rear bounce plate.
    There! Try to NOT work now!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill LeMieux View Post
      My first thought would be a broken rear bounce plate.
      Yep. That or a broken/loose bounce board mount on a side wall. Either way it sounds like time for a pit overhaul. So much fun, lol.

Comment

Your pit wing might be bent down. You might be lucky enough just to bend it back up as a temp fix but a pit overhaul should be done as soon as

Comment

Check the cushion shock and mounting blocks too.

Comment

So I just put a new pit carpet in, and the bounce plate was missing some bolts. So i put the bolts back in it, and now the ball is getting stuck in the cushion. Before I put the new carpet in and re-installed those bolts, the ball would just sit up against the cushion so I'm really not sure why it's getting stuck now. I put new vibration dampeners in, repaired the bounce plate, put a rebuilt front roller in, and just put the same rear roller in.

Comment

Originally posted by albanybowlmech View Post
              So I just put a new pit carpet in, and the bounce plate was missing some bolts. So i put the bolts back in it, and now the ball is getting stuck in the cushion. Before I put the new carpet in and re-installed those bolts, the ball would just sit up against the cushion so I'm really not sure why it's getting stuck now. I put new vibration dampeners in, repaired the bounce plate, put a rebuilt front roller in, and just put the same rear roller in.
              I assume that while you had the carpet & bounce board out you inspected the bounce board mounts, angle support & front roller studs? If those were all good and tight, then look up...

Originally posted by mechanic8230 View Post
              Check the cushion shock and mounting blocks too.
              ...to these.

I would also check the cushion/curtain assembly for possible breakage or busted welds.

Also, when you say the ball is getting stuck in the cushion, is it still getting stuck underneath...between the cushion and carpet? Or is the ball just stalling as it rolls along the front of the cushion?

Comment

If the cushion facing is worn through exposing the rubber beneath, it will hold a ball against the cushion directly behind the flat gutters; usually on the ball door side. If the cushion rubber is severely worn behind the flat gutters it should be replaced as well. Both the cushion facing and the cushion rubber will only last so long.
                There! Try to NOT work now!

Comment

So I pulled the cushion out last night (again) and looked at the weldment and it ended up that someone must've welded it in past years and they didn't weld it straight... So I replaced the weldment, cushion mounts, and shock and now it seems okay.

Comment

Are the cushion blocks worn? This will have the cushion move down and cause balls and pins to get stuck

Comment

Originally posted by Ausweegie View Post
                      Are the cushion blocks worn? This will have the cushion move down and cause balls and pins to get stuck
                      No. The pit cushion weldment was cracked on the 10 pin side. Past mechanic tried to weld and it didn't hold up. Replaced and all is well.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse