Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuous Cyle

Hoping someone call help. Have a lane that continuously cycles.
    Checked A&MC box
    Checked Table/Sweep cams and microswitches
    Swapped chassis with known good one
    Cushion start switch wires have been removed
    Replaced 6 box board with a known good board

8270s
    Qubica Scoring

This is driving me crazy. It doesn't seem to be any of the usual culprits and the lane has now been down for over 2 weeks

Comment

Turn off the VDB or RDB whatever you have, then turn on the machine from the backend control switch. If it stops cycling you know it's scoring related. If it still cycles you know it's machine related. Did you check the wiring in the backend control box, try unhooking the cycle button.Did you unhook the 10th frame wires from the AMC box?
      A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
      - Albert Einstein

Comment

VDB. Removed power, no change. It's all been done... thoroughly. Even removed the A&MC cable going to the machine and used a jumper. No change. Tested the switch/button in backend mechanics box all the way to the c2a and from the A&MC box all the way to the c2a too. It totally has us dumbfounded lol

Comment

However, right before all of this started we were getting random interlocks on the same machine

Comment

Check the reset button on the ball return up front. I recently had a machine stuck in continuous cycle, and I tried all of the usual stuff (swapped chassis, inspected the cushion switch & control box. I finally went out front and found the reset switch on the ball return had a broken housing. Although the button itself looked fine the switch was stuck internally in a "constantly pressed" position.

Comment

Aside from the cushion start switch, do you have an IR ball detector that can be starting it? Try disconnecting that perhaps?

Comment

A broken spring can cause this. Not sure the name of the springtime but I think it’s part of the motor bracket assy. By pure luck I found the problem one night, the replacement spring fought me the whole way, but I got it back on.
                * this space left blank intentionally *

Comment

Originally posted by Franko View Post
                  Aside from the cushion start switch, do you have an IR ball detector that can be starting it? Try disconnecting that perhaps?
                  Tvision - I've checked those adjustments, and neither sensor is lit up red unless I wave my hand in front of them, lol. Also, have completely removed power from scoring and I still get continuous cycle

Comment

Originally posted by Toomany10pins View Post
                    A broken spring can cause this. Not sure the name of the springtime but I think it’s part of the motor bracket assy. By pure luck I found the problem one night, the replacement spring fought me the whole way, but I got it back on.
                    Which spring are you referring to? Spring on the table cam switches?

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyb299 View Post

Which spring are you referring to? Spring on the table cam switches?
                      Not sure the name of the spring or the assembly buts is the small horizontal spring about 3 inches above the shock itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Toomany10pins View Post

Not sure the name of the spring or the assembly buts is the small horizontal spring about 3 inches above the shock itself.
                        I think maybe you're talking about the cycle switch that's just under the backend motor? All of ours have been disconnected and the wires removed. The scoring cycles the machine

Comment

I had bad wires going to camera board , ran new wires rebooted and problem solves , we have besx

Comment

Originally posted by drob1957 View Post
                            I had bad wires going to camera board , ran new wires rebooted and problem solves , we have besx
                            Cool, glad you found it, and thanks for posting the solution.

Comment

Well, it hasnt quite been resolved yet, but I think we're a little bit closer. I will post an update once we get it all figured out

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse