Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How bad is safety guarding on 82-70’s

We are getting safety guarding on our 82-70’s, I’m assuming it’s an insurance thing.

I’ve seen it on A-2’s and it was severe overkill. I call it “baby proofing” a machine.

I’m all for safety and continuous safety training, but guarding seems like overkill IMHO.

What are your experiences with it?
    * this space left blank intentionally *

By "safety guarding" do you mean the factory guards that originally came with the machines? (i.e. shrouds over the ball lifts, mesh panels covering the rear of the ball lift between pin elevators, etc.) Or are you talking about something else?

Per my boss(the owner) I've been tasked with making sure all of those guards remain on the machines during normal operation. Apparently, due to a fairly recent mis-hap in my state, OSHA and L&I are closely monitoring bowling centers in my area. So to prevent any hefty fines that might arise from a surprise inspection we're covering our machines, and our asses so to speak.

Comment

Somebody grabbed a moving Lift drive belt and his/her hand went through the pulley.

I hear that the pinwheel guards have been discontinued. Haven't confirmed

Elevator belt guards-Pinwheel Guard LH & RH 070011392/393
      Expanded metal rear guard - Guard Weldment B/E Ball Elevator 070004690
      Toe Guard 070004738
      Chassis Cover 070001994
      Chassis C2a Plug Cover 070005570
      Elevator Donut Hole Guard 088200789
      Ball li guard new style 070011401
      Ball li support front 070010238
      Ball li support rear 070004691
      Ball li front support plate 070004713
      Clip 070011310
      CE2011 82-70 PW Ctr Grd Asm 088200789

Comment

Originally posted by Motivated View Post
        By "safety guarding" do you mean the factory guards that originally came with the machines? (i.e. shrouds over the ball lifts, mesh panels covering the rear of the ball lift between pin elevators, etc.) Or are you talking about something else?

Per my boss(the owner) I've been tasked with making sure all of those guards remain on the machines during normal operation. Apparently, due to a fairly recent mis-hap in my state, OSHA and L&I are closely monitoring bowling centers in my area. So to prevent any hefty fines that might arise from a surprise inspection we're covering our machines, and our asses so to speak.
        No, I have ZERO problems with original guarding that came with the machines.
        The guarding I’m talking about is aftermarket.
        * this space left blank intentionally *

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• gylngrff1
          BloodBorne Pathogens And Fire Extinguisher Training
          by gylngrff1
          Just wanting everyone's opinion on these two topics, weather to have safety training for all employees on the subjects or not. My GM seems to think its not good. Me personally,...
          07-31-2015, 09:12 PM
        • Bearded_Stu
          GS-Series Training Schedule - Europe dates
          by Bearded_Stu
          Not sure if this is the right place, but I'm just wondering if anyone has an idea about the 2010 schedule dates for mainland Europe? I've noticed the US dates are available....
          01-19-2010, 02:22 PM
        • SPL_Mechanic
          Regular meetings?
          by SPL_Mechanic
          How many centers have regularly scheduled meetings regarding safety, procedures, policies, etc? I'm not talking bar/kitchen staff here, just pinsetter/counter area only?
          01-27-2009, 10:09 AM
        • Mike Wilson
          Safety Training Provided in your center?
          by Mike Wilson
          Is safety training being provided or where you provided some form of equipment safety training?

Please use this thread for further...
          Is or was not provided.
          27.27%
          Provided in the form of written rules but no "on" equipment demonstration.
          3.64%
          Provided by written rules and "on" equipment demonstration by supervisor.
          69.09%
          04-01-2012, 10:49 AM
        • Dennis Coleman
          Safety Training
          by Dennis Coleman
          Hi Group

Does anyone have any type of safety training that is used at your center?

Whethere iot be formal or informal It would be a great help to us....
          12-23-2006, 08:41 PM

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Elevator & Pits

All this work just to clean under the elevator !!??? LOL A friend is replacing a number of his elevators as the left hand triangle plate brackets are breaking. Rather than...

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Ball Wheel Belt Question

A friend was looking at his ball wheel belt which stated it was 208" long, (Pic 1). He was pretty sure that it is a B205 belt which should be 205" long. The answer...

MONITOR COLOR ISSUE!!

my appologies if Ive posted this in the wrong area, this is my second post on this site, Ive got a 10 lane center ( 5 pairs ) and on lanes 3&4, I am having a problem with...

Pin spot is off

I'm currently working at a 38 Lane center. Of those 38 lanes only a few are having this issue.

I'm currently trying to get all the lanes to have perfect pin spots...

Idler shaft

One of our lanes has a bad bearing assembly for the distributor pulley. The idler shaft that the pulleys sit on has been damaged where it sits on the bearing. I took the assembly...
        Working...
        X