Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table run switch

I would like to install a table run switch in my managers control box. Has anyone ever done this? Can it be wired to override the interlock circuit, to clear an interlock without being on the machine?

Originally posted by Jonewyn2 View Post
    I would like to install a table run switch in my managers control box. Has anyone ever done this? Can it be wired to override the interlock circuit, to clear an interlock without being on the machine?
    Interesting concept. We've got table run switches on some of our chassis, but not at the control box. Looking forward to reading replies.

Comment

You can, one contact on the interlock and the table run switches will need to be grounded inside the control box, The other contact on the table run switch needs to be piggybacked to 30 inside the front end wire way. The other contact on the interlock override switch needs to be piggybacked to TSG1.
      I don't really recommend doing this.
      Press the interlock button on the control box and it will clear the interlock itself. Problem is it will increase the chances of launching pins onto the lanes / breaking things on the sweep and table.
      Table run is self explanatory
      A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
      - Albert Einstein

Comment

Just curious why you would need interlock switches? If you're having a bunch of interlocks why not go to the source of the problem rather than putting a band aid on it?
        A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
        - Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm not saying we ignore repairing an issue with interlocks. If your sweep or table motor trips mid cycle and causes an interlock, you need to climb up on the machine to reset the motor anyway. Mainly this is for catching calls like hanging bananas or a machine being shut off in the middle of a cycle, with out having to LOTO the machine and had cranking the motor back to home. While trying to look into it, I just figured you can clear an interlock without getting on the machine and obeying LOTO. I just figure if you can run your sweep from the manager control box, why not the table as well. I can see the sweep crank arm from the back to know whether i need to use sweep run or sweep reverse, but it is harder to see where the table drive actually is. Would there even be a need for a table reverse switch as well. I have elco chassis, so I dont have control on the chassis unless physically pressing down the contactor, which you need to be on top or in front of the machine to reach.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse