Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82/90xl chassis question

Hello All,

still learning 82/90xl chassis (silver box, no lcd). I have just gotten a MCU, but cannot get it to communicate with the chassis. Brought home a spare chassis to play around to see if I can make it work. My question is, does the chassis need to be connected to the pinspotters, or can I communicate with just a homerun cable and terminator?
    In addition, all the leds are flashing when I power on the logic power, and not hooked up to the pinspotter. Issue?

TIA
    Leyton at Tahoe

The lights will always flash and the buzzer will sound 10x when the chassis logic is first powered on, or when the lanes are set to Bowl via the MCU. Set the chassis address (odd lane number) to 001 on the rotary switches underneath the cover plate on top of the chassis. You would then specify lane 1 or 2 when adjusting settings through the MCU to communicate with this chassis.

I think home run cable and terminator should be all you need. You might need to have a front end box attached to the chassis.

Download manual 610-009-040 from the QubicaAMF portal.

Comment

Thanks for the effort, but I've been there done that. The chassis, with the homerun and terminator (homemade) attached, the lights will continue to flash (all of them) for about an additional 10 seconds, then stop, and the lower right (I think power) led will be lit. It is what is normal when the lane is not being used. Then anouther 10 seconds or so go by, then the process starts all over again. I'm really thinking that the chassis must be connected to the pinspotter to first, stop the cycling of the led's, and two, to communicate with the chassis.
      Ted, if you are around, can I get you to comment, confirm, set me straight?

TIA
      Leyton at Tahoe

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse