Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help a.s.a.p

Good morning guys and gals have a problem need a little help the problem in my word is as follows.
    Bowler throws ball goes threw cylce sweep stays at guard position won't go back up tap chassis goes up changed chassis thinking it's in chassis ; put another one on same thing; this is intermitten also if the bowler throws 1st ball sweep won't go down tap chassis goes down cpl times table went down after 1st ball kept going up&downlikea cycle but with no sweep hit program zero chassis then it would be o.k weird situation could this be a bad cam switch all wires look good on plugs none burnt but with 2 chassis doing the same what could it be any suggestion would be great have to 3 this afternoon.

Thanks Scott

Re: help a.s.a.p

Having changed the chassis, and the problem remains. 1st check the wires in the plug going into the chassis. 2nd I would try the original chassis on a different machine to eliminate the possibility of it being the chassis. When you tap the chassis and the machine completes the cycle, that would point me towards a bad wire in the plug.

Comment

Thanks klixon i'm checking all the wires right now.

Comment

Got to be a connection. Best of luck finding it. This one will be one of those things that may take a long time to find and the fix can take less than a minute.
        The problem is usually harder to find than to fix.

Comment

could another possibility be a loose table plug connection at the table?
          Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

I'm all in on the bad connection idea... probably a burnt pin or a broken wire in the machine-side C1 plug.
            <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

If you've visually checked the C plugs pins, then go back and test each pin for a snug fit using a spare brand-new pin.

Take note of any burnt or dirty male pins and replace both them AND their female companion.

If the sweep stalled at zero (upon cycle) then it won't be a cam problem since it doesn't require any cam circuit to be closed at that point (except the interlock circuit, but that is eliminated as the problem because the table runs in the other case).

So it's something in the sweep control circuits. You could eliminate the high or low voltage circuit by noting whether the sweep contactor was engaged when the sweep was stalled. If it was engaged, but no sweep run, then it's the high voltage circuit. If the contactor was not engaged then it's the low voltage circuit. The latter is more likely.

If it's the low voltage, I would carefully focus on the machine side wire and pin at C2A-16 (this is the wire to the BE sweep on/off switch). The rest of the control circuit (outside the chassis) is shared by the table, which was working.

If it's the high voltage, then C1-22 is the likely contender since it is shared by both start and run windings (and had another connection failed, the motor would hum and you'd notice that). Also, it might be the motor plug itself, or terminal at TS-7. Even though you tapped the chassis, the loose item could be somewhere else (you could try more localised and gentler tapping - it's quite an art-form!).

Cheers,
              Andrew.

Comment

Thanks guys fixed beleive it or not this was the problem.

I changed chassis with another chassis same thing happened so of course you think not chassis well let me tell you it was;the contacts for the sweep are G.E. in both of these chassis put a different chassis in with Allen-Bradely worked all night so is this a fluke (lucky) for now or was this really the problem i'm thinking it was if i just tapped hardly at all the sweep ran so i'm hoping this was it if not i'll let you no. Thanks Again Scott

Comment

Scooter,

I can actually believe this. Hopefully, this is your problem. I had a hand full of GE contactors and they all failed in less than a year under heavy linage.

Thanks for posting back your findingsā€¦.this may help someone in the future.

Triac

Comment

Yes I can believe it too, however does this mean you swapped a spare chassis on to the machine, or you swapped it with another working machine? You should always swap it with a working machine so as not to add in this extra unknown variable.

Still, it is possible that with all the unplugging and replugging, you scraped off enough carbon from the connection pins that it now works.

The obvious question now is: do either of the GE contactor chassis work on other machines?

Comment

Whatever Andrew says, I'm with him. The man is obviously an android, a very clever android with plans on harvesting radium crystals from our homes to propogate his species and eventually take over Earth (duh), but what a whiz on electrobobbers.

Andrew, I have to take you to task for a film recently filmed and produced in your country, Australia. It was called Proposition and you, or the authorities in Melbourne, owe me eight bucks.
                      The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

Danny
                        Your taking them red pills again aint you?
                        Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

The movie got 7.5/10 on imdb.com. I haven't seen it and probably won't. It was written by Nick Cave, a musician. I'm not a fan of his music either, but he is a bit of an Australian musical legend. The director was from Queensland (far from Melbourne), but Cave is from my state.

Yes with my radium crystals I'll be taking over the world - one Russian spy* at a time.

(*if you've seen the news from the UK lately).

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse