This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best tip you have gotten from Bowl-Tech

What is the best tips or tricks you have gotten from Bowl-Tech for AMF Equipment?

Mike

Mike Wilson
    Bowl-Tech Inc.

Re: The best tip you have gotten from Bowl-Tech

Well is't not on a 70, but I actually have 2 for the 30s. First was to drill a second set of holes on the new one piece sweepbars above the originals when installing them on 30s. I put the new styles on my machines and had lots of deadwood calls. With the lower height, I almost never have a call for deadwood.
    The other was for the pantograph rods. The outside spring gets moved up to a new hole on the distributor pan, drilled near the back end by the rigid mounted turn pan. With the spring there, there is more pressure pulling the dist back from the headpin and almost no wear on the track at the 10 pin.
    Hope this is what you are looking for Mr. Wilson, and thanks for a great website!!
    Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

The piece added next to the turn around pan (we used 1/2" galvanized conduit) that stops the pins from going up backwards was a life saver for the 70's. I have no idea who came up with this but after the addition it all but eliminated this problem.

Drill
      Drill

David Bolt
      Champaign, IL
      USBC Silver Coach
      IBPSIA BOD
      IBPSIA Advanced
      Technical Certified
      Pro Shops

Comment

1.) Solid State chassis: learning that TA2 and SA are responsible for cycle switching. Had a few machines not changing cycles and it turned out that this was the problem (and that TA2 must make the switch BEFORE TA1), really saved me a lot of headaches.

2.)MP chassis with AMF scoring interfaced: turning the sweep zero switch mounting bracket around to bring the switch closer to the sweep, which allows the sweep to travel farther before the switch is pressed in, this eliminates 'double scoring' on a gutter or 7-10 pickoff where the sweep reverses and goes slightly past zero.

Comment

For the AMF, the method of replacing the 82-70 distributor belt with out taking the spring off of the idler.

JMO

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
          Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

I"ll second that one Charlie! Changing a belt with ease in under a minute.
            Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

Originally posted by toon30s
              Well is't not on a 70, but I actually have 2 for the 30s. First was to drill a second set of holes on the new one piece sweepbars above the originals when installing them on 30s. I put the new styles on my machines and had lots of deadwood calls. With the lower height, I almost never have a call for deadwood.
              The other was for the pantograph rods. The outside spring gets moved up to a new hole on the distributor pan, drilled near the back end by the rigid mounted turn pan. With the spring there, there is more pressure pulling the dist back from the headpin and almost no wear on the track at the 10 pin.
              Hope this is what you are looking for Mr. Wilson, and thanks for a great website!!
              Please post a pic of where you drill the hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Fox
                For the AMF, the method of replacing the 82-70 distributor belt with out taking the spring off of the idler.

JMO

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                Yep, that's the one, Chad are you okidoki??

Martin
                So it goes.

Comment

Anyway, thank you for all the great tips you gave us, don't disappear!!!
                  So it goes.

Comment

Hsrd to say Mike, Bowltech posters have saved my butt more often then i care to think about. I don't know where i would be sometimes without the tips the guys on here give me. But i would say i have never had a BAD tip.

Comment

I have to agree with Charlie & pietenpol. THANKS CHAD!!!!!

Tim
                      HBOwner

Comment

While I love Chads tip, It does not always work. JMHO

And iffin you really want it done rite..

WAHSAM; Magic Triangle

Bowl Tech

Member # 777

posted April 19, 2005 04:22 AM
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        The way I start distributor belt maintenance:

1. Distributor is normal, except the belt needs changed or the laces have pulled loose or something. 2. Pull up on dist belt, with laces on top like Klixon said, while pushing down on 6106 Tracking Bracket. 3. Front of bracket is resting against 6688 casting, belt is now loose. 4.When maintenance is done and laces have been pinned together, simply pull up on belt again and you're back in business.

A Warm Welcome To Chad!

QuibicaAMF's Consumer & Products Division is proud to introduce its new employee. Chad Quella is the most recent addition to the CSP Global Technical Support team.

A native and lifelong resident of Dever, Colorado, Chad grew up in bowling centers and earned his Bachelors degree in Buisness Management. He is also a graduate of the Stahl's Seventy's Pinspotter School, and is a Senior Member of the discussion forums at http://www.bowltech.com.

He worked in all levels of bowling center operations before his employment at Vantage Bowling Corporation. There, he performed installation, training, and technical support with that company's capital equipment products and pinspotter parts. Following that, Chad was involved in the opening of the very high volume Brunswick Zone entertainment center in Lone Tree, Colorado. ZOT Pinsetter Parts then utilized him as their sales and service representative in the Rocky Mountain region.

Chad's main experience lies with 82/70's, but he also has experience with A and A-2 pinsetters, lanes and lane maintenance, and various scoring and center management computer systems. "In my support duties, I'll be putting extra emphasis on really understanding the situation you're in, and getting you what you need in a timely manner," Chad said, "Mechanics don't usually call Tech Support just to chat."

With a broad background, Chad will be able to provide support for QubicaAMF customers with various products, but his main focus will be on helping with AMF-Century lane machine issuses and lane maintenance supplies. Pinspotters are a perennial interest too, so Chad contributes this month's tip on RH & LH pinspotter parts. If you would like to contact him, please feel free to e-mail cquella@amf.com or call 800-730-4437.

Maintenance Matters July/August2005 Issue 17

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

Well... I will say that there are more mods that stand out head and shoulders above the rest that I have read here on BT.

I have been reading here for a considerable length of time, and have tried all the mods and tricks mentioned over the duration.
                          Here are my favourites, in no particular order!

1. Bin mod by Masternut - helps to reduce dizzy stops drastically. Helps to reduce stops by harmonizing the relationship between the dizzy and the bin, which is the weakest point of the machine. (in my opinion)

2. 2 and 3 pin bin mod to help stop pin double shuttling.
                          An excellent mod to stop the pins from travelling over the butt guide and falling into the table, causing all sorts of table/yoke problems!!

3. An ingenious mod to help reduce pins orientating in-correctly.
                          This mod was found by some BT member who should be congratulated handsomely! In the old patent for the machine, a guide was added onto the pin guide, thus helping eliminate head first pins.
                          This is a great mod.

4. The seventy / ninety machine table set procedure.
                          I have spoken on this several times / lectured this point just for the shear fact it is brilliant!
                          Just by adjusting the table to sit back to 8 1/4 to 8 1/2 inches. Measuring from the rear of the 7 and 10 pin spots to the rear of the table, enabling the cups to sit flatter helping aid correct shuttling action, reducing double shuttling etc..

This is Maisters adjustment/teaching. (Mr. Laurie Brown)
                          He has set up / installed the majority of all bowling machines in the UK, Europe, Asia and the Middle East over the past two decades. He has set up the machines for the big European televised events, and his methods are tried and proven. He has worked in the bowling industry for over 50 years, and is an embassador for the industry, a true gentleman and a scholar.

5. The quick release cushion mod also.

6. The replacing of the roll pin on the Dizzy shaft and replace it with the "R" clip. Great time saver and reduces chances of bending/damaging dizzy shaft etc.
                          Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

While there are alot of distributor mods, the only mod the customers see is that they get their ball back.(100 plus units of oil) Thick rail covers for the ball lift get my vote for the best mod ever!
                            If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

The distributor belt tension by Chad..

Wow Chad, that is a fantastic method... I had to go try it right now... I missed that one in the past...

I still have to say that there have been a lot of posts that have helped me out.

Thanks to all!

Machines are better than people... I can fix a machine...

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
                              seems like pms were not done in a long time
                              and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
                              Working...
                              X