Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP Chassis Fault

Went to 9 today, Sweep is at guard, table doing continuous respot. Thought Sweep motor had tripped, It hadn't.

Sweep will run from Chassis, and rear control box but not the cams.

I turned the table off, run sweep through to clear the pins and back to zero, (zero was only achieved by keeping the sweep run switch pressed) I turned table back on nothing else happened, as if machine was waiting for a ball to be delivered. Ran the sweep through again from the back end, when the sweep was at the point where the table normally goes into spotting, the table went in spotting ?? As it would normally do during a second ball cycle

So as it stands I have a chassis that will only run the sweep while either the sweep button on the chassis is pressed, or the sweep run on the rear control box is held down. The machine will not cycle from anywhere. The sweep will not return to Zero on it's own.

To watch it on the machine, it feels like instructomat. The fault is definately in the chassis as the PC Card is working fine in on another lane, and another chassis is now on 9.

As I'm not in till monday, I'm goign to ponder this over the weekend, And suggestions.

Out of curiosity, I replaced the M relay as that was all I had time to do before I left, but fault stayed.

Re: MP Chassis Fault

I've seen chassis that wouldn't 'program 0' and it was in the board. This board needs to be reset with program 0. Does it?
    This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

When I pressed program 0, it didn't make a difference. But I've not tried another board in that chassis yet. I'll try another board on monday just in case.

Comment

I had a chassis that wouldnt program 0 from button on side of chassis, but was able to program o from the rear control box
        1st ball stepper button. I had the same symptons you described

Comment

Hmmmm... Have you put this chassis on another machine? Sometimes just swapping it out can get rid of the problem...

I am not sure it's your chassis that is having a problem... Sounds to me like one of your cam switches is at fault...

And I have seen the switches at the front desk half way switched into "instructomat" cause a similar problem...

Possibly TA 1 or even one of the sweep cams...

Just my guess...

Hope you find it though...

Chris
          Machines are better than people... I can fix a machine...

Comment

More than likely the TA1. I just had this happen on my 21. Check the heads on the cam switch screws as well, sometimes a groove will get work into them and throw the timing off. I'd start by swapping the chassis just for s*&ts and grins to make sure it is not the contact relay.
            3 leftover nuts and 5 leftover washers... but it's running.

Comment

Originally posted by Hman Korea
              Hmmmm... Have you put this chassis on another machine? Sometimes just swapping it out can get rid of the problem...

I am not sure it's your chassis that is having a problem... Sounds to me like one of your cam switches is at fault...

And I have seen the switches at the front desk half way switched into "instructomat" cause a similar problem...

Possibly TA 1 or even one of the sweep cams...

Just my guess...

Hope you find it though...

Chris
              Originally posted by Ox2910
              More than likely the TA1. I just had this happen on my 21. Check the heads on the cam switch screws as well, sometimes a groove will get work into them and throw the timing off. I'd start by swapping the chassis just for s*&ts and grins to make sure it is not the contact relay.
              Don't you guys mean TA2 ?

TA2 starts sweep run through on 1st ball
              & 270 to 0 degrees on 1st & 2nd ball.

Regards, Garo

AMF 82/70 Tech

Comment

Fault is definately in the chassis, it moves with the chassis. (it's been tried on 3-4 lanes now, lane 9 which had the original fault has been working fine with one of the spare chaessi's)

We had a play yesterday and got no where. But we haven't got much in the line of chassis spares, unless we nick it off another spare chassis.

I think I'm looking in the wrong place, I got a feeling this is something to do with the sweep side of the chassis, as in maybe the signal from the cams is not getting throught to the right bits. I'm going to re-pin the chassis tomorrow, if nothing else pops up in the mean time.

Comment

Eyeball the C2A, might have a wire pushed in. When you run it manually, once past guard does the sweep go to zero on its own or do you have to keep the sw. run switch pushed to get to zero? Also swap out the M2 relay with a known good one.

Cheers,
                  Jon
                  I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Yeah, once passt guard sweep just stops, It you want to take it to zero, you have to keep button pressed. As I've said you can run the swep from the rear control box and the chasssis, but not the cams.

Have new relays coming today, so I'll give it ago

Comment

Has anyone changed the sweep contactor in that chassis without you knowing. Maybe wired wrong or possibly a broken wire.
                      SGT
                      U.S. Army/AVN
                      Retired

Comment

Maybe its in the C2A plug on the chassis side for the sweep switch on the rear control panel (not sweep run, but the power switch), or possibly within the chassis going from the C2A plug to the motherboard. I know the sweep shouldnt run with the rear panel sweep run switch when the black switch is off, but i've seen stranger things happen if a wire gets crossed up in the chassis.

Comment

There is three wires in my MPs that supply 24 volts to the sweep relay. One is for the sweep run button on the chassis another I believe is for the backend control box and the last is coming the pc board slot. Since the sweep runs from the other two places I would have to say that the relay is fine and if your MPs are like mine. One side of the relay coil ground and the other side has these three wires one fell off right at the terminal. Or one side has 24 volts and the other side is the three ground routes with the same result as above.
                          Hope this is the problem
                          Keeth
                          70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
                          Prolane Walker sport

Comment

Like the button on the chassis, I think the board grounds the relay coil to run it. The other side of the relay has 24 volts on it as long as the sweep switch is on the rear control panel.
                            This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Would this cause it not also not to cycle ?

I'm off again today, But I'm back in tomorrow.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse