Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• solid state chassis help

I have a chassis that causes a coasting sweep. Its in the chassis because problem moves with chassis. Chassis has bowl-tronics solid state boards (new) and omega tek board. Swaped out omega tek board coasting still there. C1 pins all look good. Any other ideas I can try.
    David Cliffe
    Asst. Mgr.
    Mechanic
    Youth Advisor
    Pro Shop Mgr.

Re: solid state chassis help

You might be able to isolate it further by swapping the sweep and table motor plugs. See if you might have a bad bowltech board.
    Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

Put a regular contactor back for the sweep. This is a fairly common problem with the s/s contactors.
      I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Indeed. Triac's (solid state relays) are not really very good for braking of the motors, as also seen in the 90XL chassis! ARRRGGGG.

Swop chassis to make sure the problem moves etc...

Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

Pietenpol has a good suggestion because it will tell you whether you have an incompatibility between your SS contactors and your motors (and the motor's start switches), or simply a problem with your sweep HV circuit within the chassis (including possibly the SS contactor itself).

If it only affects the sweep output, then check your sweep HV wiring (between C1 and the SS contactor) very carefully. Otherwise, try swapping the CC contactor with a new one (if you have one - perhaps swap it with the one on the table in the same chassis). That might prove it's a contactor issue and you can send it back and get a new one.

Comment

Replace the sweep cantactor in the chassis i have had this problem once before. the contactor had burnt points which did not always engage the sweep capasitor 1 (bracking) at the right time

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse