Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SS Chassis - Sweep Coasting

We have 82-70 with SS Chassis and I'm having a problem with the sweep coasting at 1st guard and the home position. Problem moves with the chassis and not the board (put board that was in there in another chassis and works fine).

All C1 and C2A pins (chassis and machine side) are new, along with the blocks, new sweep and table relays (Allen Bradley Enclosed) and there are no wires that seem to be burnt out. All of these parts were new before the problem started. Since the problem I changed sweep and table relays and checked all connections again to no avail.

What am I missing? Thanks in advance

Re: SS Chassis - Sweep Coasting

I would have another look at the plugs, and wiring.

Take a male pin and push it into the C2A plug pins. If any are loose or you cant push in the pin, then re-pin that specific one.

Check that the contactors are wired correctly also, as could cause this problem.

Check also for any dry joints on the mother board.

Good luck.
    Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

Have you moved the sweep motor head? Sounds like it could be the terminal switch.
      If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

All our combo gearboxes are run off pot relays. Problem def lies in the chassis because spare chassis with same board works fine.

Comment

I would definitely think it relates to the brake contacts on the sweep contactor. Since you've replaced the contactor, I would check (by comparing directly to another chassis) the wiring between the sweep contacts and the C1 plug (especially the NC contacts). Just follow each sweep contactor wire one by one in the good chassis and make sure the same wire exists and has the same hook up in the problem chassis.

Comment

What Alastair said! What Andrew said! Got good connections where the wires clamp to the contactor? A loose screw maybe? Give each wire a little tug to make sure.
            There! Try to NOT work now!

Comment

I think everyone has it with a bad connection. I doubt it's a bad part since you said everything is new. Double check to make all the connections are correct and that everything is tight.
              Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Comment

If the SS chassis has a sweep reverse relay try replacing it as they can get weak before they die also the socket it plugs into, this applies to the MP chassis and it is an issue but I dont know the SS chassis.
                70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
                Prolane Walker sport

Comment

SS chassis do not have sweep reverse relays. They are either mounted to an expander board or in the rear control box.

Comment

I'm with everyone else. The NC circuit of the sweep contactor does not go through anything else between the contactor and the C-1 plug so it should be fairly easy to find the cause. With the power off test for continuity across both sides of the NC contacts operating it by hand several times. If there is an issue there you will see it. All it takes is for one side not to work and the sweep will coast.

Comment

This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Does work with top contacts as well if the power is off to the chassis, and you reach under the contactor to manually run the test.
                        This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Nice drawing Ted....very helpful!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse