Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ss chassis with omegatek 1 board problems

I have 3 chassis that are having 3 different problems.

The 1st chassis has no sweep. I checked the fuses and changed out the upper contact on the sweep. C-1 looks fine also.

The 2nd chassis has no 1st or 2nd ball lights.

The 3rd chassis has no power at all. Fuses are fine. I'm thinking possibly T1 primary.

Any thoughts....

Re: ss chassis with omegatek 1 board problems

1st chassis - Does the sweep engage when you manually engage the sweep contactor?

2nd chassis - Did you check pins and connections on the mask plug?

3rd chassis - Bad M relay possibly?

For each as a troubleshooting measure would be good to swap the 70 board out with a known good one...especially with chassis #2
    Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

1st chassis sweep will not engage when you pull the contacts in manually.

2nd chassis all pins looked nice and tite on the elco plug on chassis (none spread)

3rd chassis changed M relay and still same thing.

Swapped the one board out with a good one off of lane #3 machine on second chassis and still does the same thing. Want to try and get one chassis up and going before I swap anymore and loose track of which boards were from which chassis.

Comment

Hopper try plugging the table cable to the sweep on chassis 1 just to prove sweep motor does infact work.
        70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
        Prolane Walker sport

Comment

Check the wiring to the sweep contactor on the first chassis. Double check all the pins and make sure nothing is pushed in. Manually try to shove each pin in on the c1 chassis side and push a spare pin into all the holes on the machine side.
          Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

Sweep motor works fine with table plug. Rechecked all the pins on the c1. There was one pin that was a little fishy but I had to push pretty hard to push it in and when I did I bent the other pin over doing it. I went ahead and changed it out with a new one anyway. Don't think that was the problem though. Checked wiring again on the contactor with another chassis to make sure everything was the same and it was.

Comment

Known good chassis works the sweep on this machine? So it definitely is not a machine issue?

Comment

1st chassis - check the C2 pins too, what kind of contacts did you put in?

2nd chassis - check continuity of the klixon on the bottom of the chassis.

3rd chassis - If T1 was bad, they normally short. That would either pop F1 or the breaker. Is the M relay pulling in? Check C2A for pushed in pins.
                I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Yes known good chassis works fine on the machine.

C2 pins look fine.
                  I believe the contacts were from vantage.
                  Trying to hunt down my Fluke meter.

M relay is pulling in. The relay doesn't look very healthy though that I put in from another chassis though.

Comment

I have had terrible luck with those contacts. Check to make sure you are getting 120V at the contacts.

Comment

I've had bad luck with all the contactors. I did have a similar issue recently and found the wires to my sweep contactor loose, not screwed down tightly on all terminals. Don't know how that happened and noone is claiming it, but it did fix the problem. I think you said you already checked the wiring though. the other thing I found out was that a fuse can look good and not be good. easy enough to switch and check I guess. I may have missed it but were these working chassis's or are they spares you are trying to get up and running? I'm in the same boat with the latter, I have 6 chassis's in the back that have differing problems, most with sweep or table issues, and can't seem to get them fixed. Who does good chassis repair for a good price? Anybody in NC?
                      The journey's the thing.

Comment

Yep all the wires are tight on it. These are all spare chassis but I have no spares at the moment. I am trying to dig and find either some old contacts in good condition or some new ones other than Vantage. Still looking for my Fluke meter. Time to start calling people to see what happened to it. Any other possibilities?

Comment

Yeah, the contacts from Vantage are hit & miss. It's a good idea, but they are just made poorly (IMHO). They tend to flop around, the contacts fall out of the mounts, etc. If you do some modifications on them you can tighten them up, but I have installed a new set & had NO sweep run no matter how hard I pressed them together. I use the AB contactors from Stahls - no problems.

You can eyeball the klixon on the one with no lights. If it looks burnt or discolored, swap it out. I've had 3 chassis in the last month with these being bad (no lights).

Comment

The chassis with no power up may be a bad T-2 transformer. This is what powers the M relay. You can read 110VAC at the F2 fuse for primary power. If you carefully tip the chassis on its side then plug it in, you can read the secondaries between the com and the other leads (24-28VAC). The neutral for the T2 primary is on the bottom row of C1.

Comment

Check the set screw that holds the contact in place I had one come out and cause the sweep or table not to run...

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse