Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aggravating!!!

I am having a problem with 2 lanes. A pin is getting caught under the cushion and being stopped by the angle piece in the pit nearer to the door weldment. It is blocking the hole and the balls cant get in to be lifted. I have sanded the bottom of the cushion about 1/8in. to try and give the pin more room to go under but it hasnt helped... I have not seen any adjustments that would raise it. Is there ANYTHING that can be done to fix this problem?
    Colossians 3:23

Re: Aggravating!!!

Have you checked the condition of your cushion box and block? Its possible your small plow is broken where it comes to a point behind the ball door.
    If it cant be fixed with a hammer, use a bowling pin.

Comment

its all in good shape. the equipment is only about 7 or 8 months old. its just these two lanes that do it. and one is worse than the other

Comment

The cushion bolts can be loose on the rear of the plank. When this happens the cushion can hang down and pins can get caught under it. You can easily just remove 4 rivets and then you can access the screws. Be sure that when you tighten them up, the cushion plank is held up when tightening them, to give you the best height
        Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

Ok thanks to both of you. I'll try that Alastair!

Comment

Have you got the right rubber block inside the cushion box ? They are LH and RH, easy thing to overlook. With you saying two cushion's i'm wondering if they got mixed up at some point. Easy way to tell is, the cushion tube should have about 1" of rubber below it for support.

Comment

Something I saw recently. - Check and make sure the bolts for the angle are in the bolt holes of the angle. I saw where one of the bolts were below the bottom of the angle, causing the angle to be too high.
              Jim H

Comment

Only 2 possibles here.

1. For what ever reason your plank and cushion assy is hanging to low.
                2. The bounce plate is shimmed up to high on the back side.

Right now I have to go with it being a rubber block issue.
                Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

I'll also say wrong rubber block(s).

Comment

The upper shock pin can also be moved between one of two holes and pitch the cushion slightly but that shouldn't cause much of an issue.

I agree that it sounds more of an issue with the rubber block or the bracket holding it. Take the cushion assembly out and inspect it.
                    Change the chassis, is not the answer.

Comment

Is there another pin stuck under the carpet?

up side down rubber?

facing on wrong?

rivets allowing facing/assy. to droop?

Other items allowing facing assy. to droop?

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse